Underground Mine Operators / Equipment Operators
Fortis is a privately owned company based out of Saskatoon, SK. that provides mining, engineering, and manufacturing services to the mining and construction industries. The company has a global focus that offers contracting, subcontracting, and consulting services to a wide range of customers. Fortis is comprised of 6 divisions; Mining, Engineering, Manufacturing & Fabrication, Health & Safety, Equipment Testing & Recertification, and Mechanical Services.
We have an immediate need for highly motivated, safety-conscious Underground Mine Operators / Equipment Operators for a Potash project with our client at the Cory mine site. This project is beginning May 2023, and is anticipated to run continuously, with a possibility of extension for this or other upcoming projects.
Fortis offers competitive compensation, a workplace committed to safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as a professional approach to all aspects of our work in the mining industry, to foster your personal and professional growth.
If you are passionate about equipment operation, bring underground experience in the Potash industry and have a commitment to safety, quality, diversity & inclusion, and teamwork, we want to hear from you!
● Carry out the duties of a Mine Operator safely, efficiently and as a collaborative team player
● Take part in safety meetings and inspections, and follow standard operating procedures
● Operation of scoops, alpine miners, flexiveyors, and other cutting equipment
● Operation of bolting and scaling machines
● Installation of belt lines
● Rehab work as required
● Communication with Maintenance and Operations departments
● A minimum of two years experience in an underground Potash setting operating equipment, or three to five years in a heavy industrial equipment operation or labour role
● Training and experience running continuous miners, alpine miners, scoops, bolters, scalers and other underground mining equipment is preferred
● Strong safety record and commitment to safety, teamwork, and collaboration
● A great attitude and work ethic
● Commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace
● Grade 12 diploma or GED
● Valid General Mine Safety Awareness - GMSA
● Ability to work collaboratively with other team members, site staff, and contractors
● Must display credibility and integrity to maintain the respect of superiors, subordinates, and peers
● Ability to manage work in scheduling software
● Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test will be required
● Ability to work both day and night shifts
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Pay Based on Experience
Benefits: Provided upon completion of 3 months of employment
LOA: Available for eligible employees
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!