Underground Projects & Production Supervisor
Fortis is a privately owned company based out of Saskatoon, SK. that provides mining, engineering, and manufacturing services to the mining and construction industries. The company has a global focus that offers contracting, subcontracting, and consulting services to a wide range of customers. Fortis is comprised of 6 divisions; Mining, Engineering, Manufacturing & Fabrication, Health & Safety, Equipment Testing & Recertification, and Mechanical Services.
We have an immediate need for highly motivated, safety-conscious Underground Projects & Production Supervisors for a Potash project at the Cory mine site. This project will be kicking off May 2023 and running continuously with a possibility of extension for this or other upcoming projects.
Fortis offers competitive compensation, a workplace committed to safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as a professional approach to all aspects of our work in the mining industry, to foster your personal and professional growth.
If you are an experienced Potash mine operator with leadership experience, a champion of safety, diversity & inclusion, and you are looking for the next step in your mining leadership career, we want to hear from you!
- Responsible to safely and efficiently carry out the day-to-day project activities to support the continuous operations of site-specific rehab projects
- Responsible to maintain safety and environmentally sound operating conditions within equipment design parameters
- Managing and directing personnel, and assisting with employee training and qualifications
- Responsible to provide work direction to the team as well as timely and constructive feedback to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles, business goals and performance standards
- Manage performance issues when necessary
- Develop and coach employees to retain and grow organizational talent, and support employees in their career development
- Facilitate ongoing communication to ensure proper and efficient contract operation, allocation and resources, safety and environmental
- Liaison between management, shift operations, and maintenance
- Responsible to work with operations and maintenance to troubleshoot and address operational problems in the rehab area to maximize production and safety
- Responsible to conduct audits and inspections
- Responsible to review and authorize work permits
- Valid ticket to supervise underground as per Saskatchewan mine regulations.
- Valid GMSA - General Mine Safety Awareness certificate
- Valid First Aid/ CPR certificates
- Valid WHMIS and SCOT
- Impeccable safety record
- Commitment to being a champion for diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace
- Minimum five years mining operations experience
- Outstanding record of leading teams safely and efficiently
- Ability to work with people, coordinate functions with other departments and contractors
- Demonstrated ability to lead the crew in collaboration with the client’s needs
- Must display credibility and integrity to maintain the respect of superiors, subordinates, and peers
- Knowledge of commonly used software packages including Microsoft Outlook. Excel, Word, and desktop process control software
- Ability to manage work in scheduling software
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test will be required
- Ability to work both day and night shifts.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Pay Based on Experience
Benefits: Provided upon completion of 3 months of employment
LOA: Available for eligible employees
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!