Fortis Mining, Engineering & Manufacturing is currently recruiting to fulfill the role of Fabrication Coordinator. This positions primary responsibilities include scheduling of fabrication projects, third party vendor management, and aiding in the accomplishing an ideal workflow process for the fabrication shop. This position will work closely with the Production Manager, Fabrication Shop Manager, Engineering, Estimating, and Purchasing to ensure continuous improvements in process, procedure, constructability and other areas are achieved. The Fabrication Coordinator will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, DXF Files, 3D Models, work orders, and other written instructions.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Fortis believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Assist in managing the workflow of the welding shop ensuring the jobs are received, reviewed, and completed in a timely manner
- Provide design review & design assistance as needed
- Ability to adapt and implement changes in work priorities in support of the fabrication shop productivity
- Review BOMs for requisitioning of material
- Propose and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Oversee the management of shop tolls and consumable inventory
- Work closely with other department leads to foster a 'Design for Manufacture' process
- Assist in coordination of training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work (CWB Certification, training, maintenance, etc.)
- Coordinating work for the shop floor
- Using critical analysis to review drawings to ensure that welding specifications, materials and other requirements outlined will function as designed in the environment in which it is intended for
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in
- Processing jobs according to defined company policies and protocols
- Reviewing all job requests
- Providing details necessary to administration office for job number assignment
- Reviewing, understanding, and completing work orders
- Following detailed instructions on the order and asking for clarification prior to starting the job
- Accurate and detailed tracking of time spent on jobs
- Assist with other duties as required.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Minimum of three years experience in a Fabrication environment preferred but not required
- Experience in a supervisory position
- Manufacturing knowledge
- Any safety-related training and certificates would be beneficial, but not required
- CAD/CAM experience would be an asset
- Possess a valid driver's license
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term, and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!