Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing is currently recruiting for a Recertification Technician. This position is primarily responsible for refurbishing and recertifying mining attachment equipment. The Recertification Technician reports directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, as part of Northern Strands Group of Companies, believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Complete the required QA/QC paperwork
- Perform pull testing on attachments, slings, rigging hardware, and more
- Utilize handheld tools and power tools to clean attachments
- Complete painting on fabricated items and attachments
- Regular shop maintenance and clean up, as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Grade 12 education
- Ability to perform physically demanding jobs
- Painting skills would be considered an asset
- Mechanical skills would be considered an asset
- Any safety-related training certificates would be considered an asset
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience, that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for the position
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term, and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!