Certified Mining & Construction Sales & Rentals is currently recruiting to fulfill a Recertification Technician role. This position is primarily responsible for refurbishing and recertifying mining attachment equipment. The Recertification Technician reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor. This position is considered safety sensitive and therefore it is a condition of employment to pass a drug & alcohol test.
To command a strong reputation for quality and excellence, Certified Mining & Construction Sales & Rentals, as part of Northern Strands Group of Companies, believes that knowledgeable people are crucial assets. We hire and develop the best people who are dedicated, ethical, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Recertify and refurbish mining attachments
- Perform pull testing on attachments, slings, rigging hardware, and more
- Utilize handheld tools and power tools to clean attachments
- Complete painting on fabricated items and attachments
- Regular shop maintenance and clean up, as required
- Replenish stock and supplies, as necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Grade 12 education
- Ability to perform physically demanding jobs
- Mechanical skills and painting skills would be considered an asset
- Any safety-related training certificates would be considered an asset
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience, that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for the position
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wage based on experience
- Employee Group benefits including health, dental, short-term, long-term and life insurance
- Matching Company RSP contributions
- Support in your career development aspirations
Our diverse Group of Companies consists of Northern Strands, Fortis Mining Engineering & Manufacturing, and Certified Mining & Construction comprising 14 divisions ranging from rigging/lifting products, fall protection, suspended access, agri-business field services and safety training to mining site services, fabrication, rentals, repairs, testing and recertification. This diversity provides for an exciting environment with the opportunity to work with our employees and managers in every division.
Northern Strands is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected to continue the recruitment process will be contacted!