Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
- Join an industry leader based in the lower mainland.
- A fantastic opportunity to work within an international team.
- Challenge yourself and be part of a unique company culture offering great career progression!
About C.E.S. Engineering Ltd
With more than 20 years of industry experience, C.E.S. Engineering Ltd is a multidisciplinary company providing comprehensive commissioning and performance engineering services across Canada. Our mission is to expand the definition of what it means to be an engineer, technician or project manager by placing human interactions with our clients, internal and external project partners as our top priority.
Thanks to our passionate and hardworking experts, we are delivering with success high-profile, sustainable and innovative projects in new and existing buildings across all market sectors. Beyond rewarding our team's effort with competitive compensation, we are also supporting and actively encouraging continuous professional development, registration and training programs for all our people. If this sounds like an environment that you could build a career within then we want to hear from you.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Currently, C.E.S. Engineering Ltd has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Mechanical Systems Engineer to join our team in Toronto on a full-time basis.
As our new Mechanical Systems Engineer, you'll lead the performance engineering on construction projects throughout the GTA and Canada-wide. Reporting to the senior leadership team, you'll be working on a wide range of projects from mixed-use residential and commercial to complex and specialized institutional, healthcare and process facilities. Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Performing engineering studies into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical systems in new and/or existing buildings.
- Designing mechanical systems including plumbing, HVAC and BAS systems.rm, security and access control, communication and IT systems.
- Preparing design documentation, including systems drawings in AutoCAD, engineering studies (load calculation and reports) and other specification documents.
- Selecting equipment and sizing.
- Planning and managing projects by preparing materials, cost and timing estimates, reports, and design specifications for mechanical and electrical systems. Creating contract documents and evaluating tenders for construction or maintenance.
- Shopping drawings review and approval.
- Producing RFI responses.
- Inspecting sites and writing the related report.
- Building contractor payment certifications.
- Providing engineering support on commissioning projects.
- Executing performance testing for the building systems, Plumbing, HVAC and BAS systems in cooperation with installing contractors and equipment vendors.
- Liaising with designers, contractors, and equipment vendors for pre-commissioning workshop meetings to confirm controls integration design intent between low-voltage systems such as lighting controls, metering, and building automation systems.
- Leading the execution of integrated systems operational testing to confirm the integrated response of fire alarm and other life-safety systems (CAN/ULC S1001)
- Performing third-party technical reviews of mechanical systems design.
- Developing standardized performance testing procedures for typical mechanical systems.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will join us with a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering along with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in mechanical systems within a Canadian consulting firm. You will also have a Professional Engineering (P. Eng.) designation or be working towards obtaining your registration as an engineer-in-training (EIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists in Ontario.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll have a solid knowledge of automation and control systems for commercial or industrial applications. Your ability to multitask effectively and your excellent verbal and written communication skills will ensure your success within this role. As you work towards organizing and moving multiple projects forward efficiently, you'll also have strong stakeholder management skills, allowing you to work with both the customers and internal teams.
Above all, you'll be a team player who has high standards and is eager to learn and grow within our organization.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on skills and experience. You'll also be entitled to an excellent package which includes:
- Health and Dental benefits program.
- Access to gym and end-of-trip facilities.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks on joining and increasing as your time with the company increases.
- Training and education programs are available to enhance skills relative to your position.
- Huge opportunities for career progression as we would like to see the successful candidate in this role grow to a more senior role.
- Before the pandemic, we had frequent social events like our Christmas party, and we're eager to get back to them as soon as we can.
Upon joining C.E.S Engineering Ltd, you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and diverse team that takes pride in a job well done.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, Apply Now!