ʔaq̓am is a member Community of the Ktunaxa Nation (pronounced ‘k-too-nah-ha’). ʔaq̓am Organization exists for the Community. Externally, we are here to serve the Community, and internally, we are our own Community, comprised of different departments unified by our Vision, Mission, and Values. As a team, through our own roles and departments, the ʔaq̓am Organization works together to achieve our strategic plan – “ka kniⱡwityaⱡa ~ Our Thinking”, and continue to progress and move our Community forward.
ʔaq̓am is located in the beautiful, sunny centre of Ktunaxa Traditional Territory in the southeast corner of British Columbia. If you love the outdoors, the mountains, fresh air, and the sun, this is the place for you. We are here to work towards achieving ʔaq̓am’s Vision: “A vibrant, healthy community, speaking our language, governing effectively, and maximizing our lands and resources for the benefit of future generations and all living things, in a manner consistent with qanikitȼi (our values and principles).” Be a part of an excellent team, perform meaningful work that will realize long-term benefits, share in worthwhile accomplishments, celebrate successes, join in the camaraderie, build strong relationships and enjoy lifelong learning!
About the Opportunity
Working closely with the Director of Operations (DOO) the Operations Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Department of Operations.
- High level administrative and executive support to the DOO and department, completing a wide range of administrative tasks.
- Provides administrative support to the department by preparing letters, newsletters, communications documents, posters, social media posts etc.
- Provide administrative support (e.g., scheduling meetings, preparing meetings, minutes, file maintenance, etc.) to various committees and for project meetings.
- Tracking and processing expenditures and invoices.
- Input and track data collection as a part of asset management programs and policies.
- Prepare lease agreements, contracts, service agreements and manage contract tracking system.
- Assist with funding and grant preparation and the administration thereof, as directed.
- Supporting department document management functions, ensuring that the department records are properly stored as per the document management directives and policies.
- Participate in the emergency management committee as a committee member in the information section.
- Other duties as assigned.
More About You
The successful candidate has a minimum of a Business Administration or Management Diploma or Degree, a Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Salary will commensurate with experience and includes a favorable benefits package and pension plan.
The salary range for this position is ($53,363-$76,807).
Preference will be given to candidates of Ktunaxa or other Indigenous ancestry and ʔaq̓am encourages applicants to self-identify within your application.
Thank you to all those that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.