Facility Maintenance Assistant
ʔaq̓am is a member Community of the Ktunaxa Nation (pronounced ‘k-too-nah-ha’). ʔaq̓am Organization exists for the Community. Externally, we are here to serve the Community, and internally, we are our own Community, comprised of different departments unified by our Vision, Mission, and Values. As a team, through our own roles and departments, the ʔaq̓am Organization works together to achieve our strategic plan – “ka kniⱡwityaⱡa ~ Our Thinking”, and continue to progress and move our Community forward.
ʔaq̓am is located in the beautiful, sunny centre of Ktunaxa Traditional Territory in the southeast corner of British Columbia. If you love the outdoors, the mountains, fresh air, and the sun, this is the place for you. We are here to work towards achieving ʔaq̓am’s Vision: “A vibrant, healthy community, speaking our language, governing effectively, and maximizing our lands and resources for the benefit of future generations and all living things, in a manner consistent with qanikitȼi (our values and principles).” Be a part of an excellent team, perform meaningful work that will realize long-term benefits, share in worthwhile accomplishments, celebrate successes, join in the camaraderie, build strong relationships and enjoy lifelong learning!
About the Opportunity
The Facility Maintenance Assistant performs various inside and outside maintenance and custodial duties to ensure facilities and equipment are maintained and kept in good working condition.
- Completes and keeps records of all required daily, weekly, monthly etc. maintenance and fire prevention schedules for assigned buildings.
- Performs regular maintenance and repair services for ʔaq̓am buildings and housing including plumbing, general handyman work and carpentry.
- Leads with the planning and undertaking of the grounds and maintenance work including planting, watering, fertilizing, cutting, trimming, pruning and weeding for various Community areas.
- Ensures all grounds and maintenance equipment and hand tools, including cutting machines, are maintained and in good working order.
- Clears snow and prevents ice build-up around public areas and road ways.
- Performs custodial duties in ʔaq̓am buildings; cleans and maintains buildings and ensures they are in good condition (mopping, dusting, wiping, sweeping, vacuuming, emptying trash, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
More About You
The successful candidate has a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in a similar role.
Safety training including: First Aid Level 1, WHMIS, hazardous chemicals or willingness to obtain, relevant maintenance training and a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
Salary will commensurate with experience from a range ($46,927-$63,467) and includes a favorable benefits package and pension plan.
Preference will be given to candidates of Ktunaxa or other Indigenous ancestry and ʔaq̓am encourages applicants to self-identify within your application.
Thank you to all those that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.