Scout Talent - Our Group and Growth Plans
Scout Talent is part of the Scout Talent Group which is a group of companies that saw their inception in Australia and that are dedicated to recruitment marketing, talent attraction, and digital innovation.
Our Group brands are comprised of:
- RecruitShop- offering a simple and effective flat-fee recruitment product aimed at SMEs.
- Employment Office- a recruitment marketing organization based in Australia that makes it easy for mid-sized organizations to attract, recruit, and onboard the best talent.
- Scout Talent- a recruitment tech business based in both Canada and Australia that offers affordable and intuitive talent engagement, recruitment, and onboarding software to mid and large sized organizations around the world. Click here for more information.
- NetEngine- a custom software, web, and mobile development company that works with start-ups and established organizations all over the world to bring their digital visions to life.
Together we have over 100 employees and offices in Vancouver, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.
Our steady growth over the last decade, coupled with our services-enabled-software strategy, sets us up well for our three-year plan to IPO.
It’s an exciting time to join the team and we’re looking for individuals that are eager to make their mark within the recruitment industry.
Your new career
Due to an exciting period of growth, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Recruitment Specialist to join our close-knit team in Vancouver. This role will start on an initial 0.8 FTE working Monday to Friday from but we expect this role will increase to 1 FTE working from 8am to 5pm as the requirements of our clients continue to increase.
Reporting to our Operations Leader, this role will see you carrying out a range of recruitment administration tasks in order to support our corporate clients in achieving their talent goals. This role will see you supporting the work that our specialists carry out for our clients which includes Recruitment Advertising, Headhunting, Recruitment Software Support, Interviewing, and Shortlisting.
This interesting role will give you incredible insight into the recruitment industry as you carry out a range of responsibilities including:
- Reviewing candidate applications and rating them within our applicant tracking system based on the client's requirements.
- Carrying out reference checks on behalf of clients for preferred candidates.
- Developing job descriptions with eye-catching copywriting in order to attract the best candidates for available roles.
- Placing jobs on relevant job boards.
- Supporting our Recruitment Advertising Specialist, Product Specialist, and Shortlisting Specialist in delivering work for our clients.
What we need from you
Like everyone else we spend most of our week at work; at Scout Talent that means we take great care when it comes to choosing who joins our team. If the idea of listening to the eclectic music tastes of our team on Sonos, bobbleheads that look like team members, or quarterly team building events like our boat party last summer doesn’t appeal to you then this may not be the office for you. If however, that hasn’t scared you away then you’re just the sort of person we want to hear from!
In order to qualify for this role, you will join us with previous experience working within a business environment along with an interest in working within the recruitment industry. A degree in business, HR, or similar is certainly an asset but isn't required for this role. You'll also need a certain level of commercial acumen for this role, our clients are small to medium-sized businesses and it's important to be able to speak their language.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form along with a strong customer service focus. Your assertive nature, attention to detail, and passion for the world of recruitment will combine to ensure you offer our clients an excellent experience when using our products and services.
If you're ready for an exciting role where you have the power to help people make the next positive step in their career, then we invite you to read on to see what we can offer you.
For your hard work, you’ll be rewarded with an attractive annual salary of $40,000 to $45,000. Additionally, you’ll also enjoy a host of other benefits including:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and more.
- Life and Long-term Disability Insurance.
- Quarterly staff awards nights, parties, and celebration of achievements. Past events have included painting classes, bowling, and renting out a boat! Our most recent event was socially distanced gathering for tacos in the park.
- The opportunity to attend the annual Global Gathering - in the past we've been to Vegas, Singapore, Cancun, Paris, Hawaii and New Zealand to name a few.
- RRSP matching.
- Complimentary gym access and free coffee/fruit and snacks in the office.
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation time to start, with the opportunity to earn up to five (5) weeks as your career with Scout Talent progresses.
Our organization's culture is underpinned by the core values of innovation, enthusiasm, ownership, success, respect, transparency, and wellbeing. If this is a culture you think you could thrive within then we want to hear from you!