- Join Alberta’s largest Independent Ag Retail Network
- Grow a marketplace for innovative products that provide value to the grower
- Enjoy an attractive annual salary of $95-110k based on skills and experience, plus top-tier benefits!
About Crop Management Network
The Crop Management Network serves and responds to the complex needs of farmers and fields in a way that nourishes the growing demand for improved soil health, productivity, and sustainability. Through reliable collaborative farmer partnerships, CMN utilizes smarter, field-specific solutions to get the most out of every acre.
CMN is a joint venture consisting of local employee ownership with retail locations in the communities of Castor, Alliance, Edberg, Daysland, Vegreville, Fort Saskatchewan, Holden, Stettler, Onoway, Mayerthorpe and Camrose. Complementing our service model at CMN, Crop Management Logistics Inc. (CML) as a fully integrated logistical service that provides safe, reliable & bulk transportation of dry fertilizer, liquid fertilizer and grain commodities. CML fleet of 15 trucks operates throughout central Alberta and provides service to local growers, agricultural-based businesses, and fertilizer retailers year-round.
To learn more about us visit: cropmanagement.com
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our team in Camrose, AB. You are responsible for reporting processes and monthly financial and management reporting. You ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. You oversee all accounting activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance and payroll. You ensure the present and future financial position of CMN allows the sustainment of its current structure and supports the further growth of the business.
This is a full-time position with the option of working remotely. You will need to report to Head Office as required and attend meetings. The hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with federal and provincial legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports
- Preparing financial statements on a monthly basis in compliance with GAAP
- Protecting assets by maintaining internal controls and operating business practices
- Auditing day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc
- Working with the CEO, CFO, and General Managers to timely prepare and present operational and capital expenditure budgets, and financial and sales reports for review and approval by the Board
- Working with CFO, to review proposed structure and lending proposals and effectively managing banking/lender relationships (including any required monthly financial reporting)
- Working with suppliers to ensure adequate credit for purchasing
- Ensuring the credit policies are being adhered to
- Overseeing the accounting software policy, process and systems
- Arranging for internal audits as required and appropriate
- Keeping up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
More About You
To qualify, you will need at least 3 years of progressive experience within a finance department with P&L and balance sheet responsibility, as well as a degree in Business and/or Accounting.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- CPA designation or working towards accounting designation (strongly preferred)
- Exposure and/or experience with equipment or tagged capital asset accounting
- Strong knowledge of, commitment to, and experience in the application of financial controls and generally accepted accounting policies
- Solid understanding of financial accounting/management principles; ability to recommend application to new situations
- Experience in auditing and budgeting (asset)
- Strong computer literacy with advanced working skills in Microsoft Office Suite with the demonstrated ability to adapt to new systems and processes
- Power BI experience (asset)
- Proficient in excel and analyzing data in excel
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to exercise professional judgement and gauge urgency of matters while managing multiple competing tasks and deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable building relationships to promote effective performance; ability to influence others towards shared outcomes
- Proven ability to manage sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Canadian taxes would (asset)
- Proven ability to provide problem-solving solutions and effectively deal with conflict
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibilities as experience grows
All employees must adhere to the company Health, Safety & Environmental Program & all CMN policies.
About the Benefits
Our employees enjoy many opportunities for personal development, either learning new skills or improving the skills they already have, which is the only way a company can be successful. Your specific career path is your own and we provide a variety of opportunities to develop your skills as you advance.
In addition, you can expect an attractive annual salary of $95-110k based on skills and experience, plus top-tier benefits:
- RRSP Program: planning for the future is important and we want to help!
- Extended health & dental plan
- Other benefits: AD&D insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance & Critical Illness
- Health & wellness spending account
- Above industry vacation entitlements (4 weeks to start)
- 6 Paid PTO days
- Relocation assistance
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you, apply today!