- Join Alberta’s largest Independent Ag Retail Network
- Grow a marketplace for innovative products that provide value to the grower
- Enjoy an attractive annual salary of $120-125k based on skills and experience, plus top-tier benefits!
About Crop Management Network
The Crop Management Network serves and responds to the complex needs of farmers and fields in a way that nourishes the growing demand for improved soil health, productivity, and sustainability. Through reliable collaborative farmer partnerships, CMN utilizes smarter, field-specific solutions to get the most out of every acre.
CMN is a joint venture consisting of local employee ownership with retail locations in the communities of Castor, Alliance, Edberg, Daysland, Vegreville, Fort Saskatchewan, Holden, Stettler, Onoway, Mayerthorpe and Camrose. Complementing our service model at CMN, Crop Management Logistics Inc. (CML) is a fully integrated logistical service that provides safe, reliable & bulk transportation of dry fertilizer, liquid fertilizer and grain commodities. CML's fleet of 15 trucks operates throughout central Alberta and provides service to local growers, agricultural-based businesses, and fertilizer retailers year-round.
To learn more about us visit: cropmanagement.com
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a full-time Sales Manager to join our team in Camrose, AB. As a Sales Manager, you are viewed as a demonstrated leader within CMN, who strives to grow and develop the business. Working with the Account Managers to obtain a thorough understanding of the sales portfolio at each CMN location, you will determine effective ways to support individual sales potential, and location sales diversification, all the while striving to benefit CMN sales as a whole. With an understanding of the goals across CMN, you will strategize, initiate, communicate and follow up plans/targets, to maximize opportunities to grow sales and add value to the customer. You will hold regular sales meetings, keep up to date on current marketplace trends, determine pricing, and work to uphold a strong reputation of CMN within our industry.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing sales targets/performance indicators with the sales staff; implementing sales and marketing strategies to help them achieve these targets
- Assisting retail locations in creating demand at the customer level, by ensuring sales teams are knowledgeable about CPP and Seed products, product performance and current marketing initiatives
- Establishing and maintaining current/prospect customer lists at each location
- Providing, encouraging and arranging training for sales staff and growers to promote our brand, products and services
- Coaching and leading team members to ensure that they're using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives. Creating and communicating policies and procedures that support workflow including work orders, tracking of sales progress and other information that provides for accurate and real-time reporting
- Continually reviewing information that has been inputted into Tronia to ensure accurate pricing, work orders are being entered and information is accurate for the Director of Finance, VP of Sales and the CEO to run frequent position reports
- Analyzing the location's overall positioning by reviewing the real-time data against projections to ensure they’re on track to make their budgets
- Acting as support and providing guidance when required, to Territory Operations Managers when it comes to managing, planning, coordinating and executing business plans
- Communicating with the Innovation Agronomist to understand and build strategic relationship development with key manufacturers/suppliers
- Participating in and conducting performance reviews, probationary reviews, ongoing feedback with managers and sales staff and participating in progressive discipline processes
- Creating brand awareness and community engagement within their given territory
- Approving and reviewing manufacturer/supplier event invites to ensure the appropriate CMN staff are attending (trips, events and other incentives given to CMN employees)
More About You
To qualify, you will need a degree in an agricultural-related field or 10+ years of successful sales experience. You will also need a valid Class 5 Driver's License and a clean driving record.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- A positive track record of growth in value-added products, successful budget management and team development
- Ability to deliver effective presentations, both written and oral, to a wide array of audiences
- Experience leading cross-functional teams that includes providing a clear vision, direction and feedback
- Broad and in-depth understanding of cooperative operations with the potential to continue growing in this base of knowledge
- Experience interacting with senior-level management (customer and internal)
- Strong sense of customer focus and demonstrated excellence in sales and negotiation skills
- An intimate understanding of how individual retail locations operate
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is constantly and consistently one of the top performers
- Relate well to all kinds of people, build appropriate rapport; build constructive and effective relationships; use diplomacy
- Strong negotiation skills in internal and external situations
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
You also initiate and participate in teams as needed, contribute to team morale and spirit, share in the wins and successes as well as the losses, foster open dialogue, and encourage people to be responsible for their work.
All employees must adhere to the company Health, Safety & Environmental Program & all CMN policies.
About the Benefits
Our employees enjoy many opportunities for personal development, either learning new skills or improving the skills they already have, which is the only way a company can be successful. Your specific career path is your own and we provide a variety of opportunities to develop your skills as you advance.
In addition, you can expect an attractive annual salary of $120-125k based on skills and experience, plus top-tier benefits:
- RRSP Program: planning for the future is important and we want to help!
- Extended health & dental plan
- Other benefits: AD&D insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance & Critical Illness
- Health & wellness spending account
- Above industry vacation entitlements (5 weeks to start)
- 6 Paid PTO days
- Company Vehicle
- Relocation assistance
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you, apply today!