- Join Alberta’s largest Independent Ag Retail Network
- Grow a marketplace for innovative products that provide value to the grower
- Enjoy an attractive annual salary of $75-90k based on skills and experience, plus top-tier benefits!
About Crop Management Network
The Crop Management Network serves and responds to the complex needs of farmers and fields in a way that nourishes the growing demand for improved soil health, productivity, and sustainability. Through reliable collaborative farmer partnerships, CMN utilizes smarter, field-specific solutions to get the most out of every acre.
CMN is a joint venture consisting of local employee ownership with retail locations in the communities of Castor, Alliance, Edberg, Daysland, Vegreville, Fort Saskatchewan, Holden, Stettler, Onoway, Mayerthorpe and Camrose. Complementing our service model at CMN, Crop Management Logistics Inc. (CML) is a fully integrated logistical service that provides safe, reliable & bulk transportation of dry fertilizer, liquid fertilizer and grain commodities. CML fleet of 15 trucks operates throughout central Alberta and provides service to local growers, agricultural-based businesses, and fertilizer retailers year-round.
To learn more about us visit: cropmanagement.com
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a full-time Account Manager to join our team in Onoway, AB. You will be responsible for growing and sustaining customer business by increasing profit and revenue from new and existing customers. You will also recommend and sell innovative, high-quality products while highlighting those products and services CMN offers to the customers that differentiate us from our competitors. Account Managers contribute to the overall success of the business by being innovative in practice and driven to find ways that best serve each of our customers. Most of your work will be done onsite at the grower’s farm, over the phone and/or at a CMN site.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the customers’ business including economics, budgeting, and finding ways to manage risk for farmers by aligning appropriate products and services
- Making cold calls and farm calls to attract new business to CMN
- Working with and advising farmers on cropping practices that will improve their economic returns as well as protect environmental sustainability
- Recommending a suggested timeline for seeding, fertility, and pesticide application as well as documenting field evaluation of seed, chemical, specialty products and fertilizers
- Coordinating sales efforts with Operations and Administration Team Members to ensure adequate execution of deliveries and account administration
- Working within a Marketing/Sales budget to promote the business, inform our growers, develop/maintain relationships and maintain a presence within our community
- Using AgConnexion for field mapping and variable rate technologies. Used as a tool to help manage farmers' risk and improve ROI on products they purchase from CMN
- Attending all CMN-required training, meetings and events when requested
- Preparing weekly & monthly reports using CRM and ERP software
- Promoting CMN-focused presentations/learning sessions to farmers, agriculture businesses, etc., and participating in field tours and training sessions
- Tracking expenses, health & safety documentation, e-confirmations, timesheets, logbook of mileage and any other maintenance records of CMN equipment
- Following all of Crop Management Network’s policies and procedures to ensure their practices align with the mission, vision, and values of CMN
More About You
To qualify, you will need at least 3-6 years of sales experience preferably in agriculture, or a combination of education and work experience. An Ag-based degree or diploma is considered an asset. Since the role requires travelling 75% of the time, to and from our offices and various client farms, a valid Class 5 Driver's License and clean driving record are required.
The following will be critical to successfully performing this role:
- Driven to meet aggressive sales targets
- Proven strong time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Have a strong customer-focused approach
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Proven strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Behave in a professional manner, and be able to keep information confidential
- Proven knowledge of sales principles and practices
- Comfortable working with hazardous chemicals/materials
- Physically able to load/unload products for customers
- Willing to work within a variety of schedules as needed (evenings and weekends)
- Able to obtain First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG & Forklift Training
All employees must adhere to the company Health, Safety & Environmental Program & all CMN policies.
About the Benefits
Our employees enjoy many opportunities for personal development, by either learning new skills or improving the skills they already have, which is the only way a company can be successful. Your specific career path is your own and we provide various opportunities to develop your skills as you advance.
In addition, you can expect an attractive annual salary of $75-90k based on skills and experience, plus top-tier benefits:
- RRSP Program: planning for the future is important and we want to help!
- Extended health & dental plan
- Other benefits: AD&D insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance & Critical Illness
- Health & wellness spending account
- Above industry vacation entitlements (5 weeks to start)
- 6 Paid PTO days
- Company Vehicle
- Relocation assistance
If this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you, apply today!