Nanaimo or Victoria, BC
- Join a collaborative team with the opportunity for a growth and professional development!
- Enjoy a flexible workplace where work-life balance is supported!
- Enjoy a competitive $90,000+ annual salary, plus great benefits!
About Herold Engineering Ltd.
Herold Engineering Ltd. (Herold Engineering) was founded in 1994 by Mike Herold. Since then Herold Engineering's projects have grown to include civil engineering, and marine bridge engineering projects. With locations in Nanaimo, Victoria and Ucluelet, Herold Engineering prides itself on having diversity in their projects and their staff members. They are committed to better serving their clients by providing expertise, producing high quality results, and innovating constantly.
Herold Engineering believes that providing a work environment where work-life balance is the norm, staff member should have fun with collaborating with their team members, and staff members should have ownership of the company.
For more information, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Herold Engineering has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Marine/Bridge Engineer to join our team in Nanaimo or Victoria, British Columbia.
As Marine/Bridge Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of projects that generally include the design of new structures, assessment of existing structures, as well as retrofit and seismic upgrading projects. They will have the opportunity to travel around British Columbia. Your typical responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as Technical Lead on bridge and/or marine projects
- Mentoring junior staff and supporting their professional development
- Developing, managing and maintaining client relationships
This role will involve a mixture of in-office and on-site visits.
The successful candidate will have the potential to move into a management role following the first year of employment based on the successful candidate’s demonstrated skill set.
More About You
To qualify, you'll have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, have completed your P.Eng certification, and are registered or are eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC. You will also need 10+ years of experience as a design engineer in the marine and/or bridge industry.
The ideal candidate will also bring the following skills and experience:
- Experience in designing in with steel, concrete and timber
- Familiarity with current local code requirements and CAN/CSA S6-19
- A valid Class 5 British Columbia driver’s license
- Experience with bridge and structural analysis software
Furthermore, you will have a proven track record of collaborating with team members, mentoring junior staff, and developing and managing client relationships.
About the Benefits
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of $90,000+, based on skills and experience, along with the following benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Starting at 3 to 4 weeks paid vacation depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Paid overtime
- Employee ownership program
- Potential opportunities to grow into a management role
- Opportunity to travel
- Social events including Christmas party, and summer party
- Paid professional development resources
Upon joining, you'll be welcomed into a collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth. If this sounds like a good fit for you — apply today!