Chief Executive Officer
- Pioneer this flexible role, bringing in new ideas and making it your own
- Be rewarded with a competitive $110-125K salary, plus generous benefits
- Have a direct impact on improving the end-of-life experience of individuals and their families
About the Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley
The Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley is a registered charity and community-led group, focused on providing holistic palliative care. We will enable individuals and their families to receive palliative care close to where they call home, by coordinating and developing alongside other community partners a full spectrum of palliative and end-of-life care in the Bow Valley.
We are working to expand both our Palliative Care program offerings and our existing services, while also working to build a palliative care centre, including a residential hospice and respite care.
For more information about the PCSBV, visit our website.
About the Opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to join the Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley on a full-time basis. This is mostly a work-from-home position based in Canmore Alberta, with travel around the Bow Valley area and occasionally, Edmonton.
Reporting directly to the Board, you will be responsible for leading the vision of The Society. As a natural leader, you will provide advice and mentorship to team members, to help The Society achieve our long-term goals. The CEO will be responsible for the leadership, oversight and delivery of the programs, services and initiatives which support our Mission, Vision and core objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for The Society's overall organizational effectiveness, with strategic directions formally approved by the Board, while ensuring compliance with federal and provincial legislation, and relevant regulations
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders, including political leaders, healthcare professionals, members of the community, and government officials
- Coaching team members and providing them with support as needed, while allowing them autonomy in their own roles
- Planning and executing creative fundraising projects to help The Society secure funds for our planned hospice and other projects
- Overseeing and adjusting budgets as necessary, to ensure our long-term financial stability; reviewing P&L, creating variance analyses, etc
- Acting with integrity in all aspects of life, representing The Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley in the best light at all times
To qualify for this position, you will need a Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Healthcare, Business Administration, or related studies, as well as a minimum of 8 years of leadership experience, ideally working in or with the government, non-profits, charities or start-ups.
You will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills - particularly showing a tactful, diplomatic and empathetic approach with all stakeholders. Similarly, strong communication, financial management, and organizational skills are essential, as is working knowledge of Microsoft 365. You will have experience leading projects from beginning to end, while being adaptable to change and pivot their direction, if necessary.
As a reliable, respectful and assertive leader, you will focus on building strong relationships with key stakeholders while ensuring The Society achieves its mission.
Please note: For the safety and well-being of our patients and their caregivers, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Accommodations will be made for those exempt from the COVID-19 vaccination, based on grounds protected by relevant human rights law.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive $110-125K annual salary that is commensurate with your skills, experience, and qualifications. In addition, you will also have access to a variety of employee benefits:
- 4% salary premium to cover benefits
- 4% contribution to an RRSP
- Paid vacation starting at four weeks annually
- Relocation assistance negotiable for the successful candidate
- Flexibility to make the role your own
Upon joining the Palliative Care Society of the Bow Valley, you will be welcomed into a friendly and supportive team and have the opportunity to make a real difference in the community.
Don't miss this unique opportunity. APPLY TODAY!