- A fantastic opportunity to make your mark in a growing organization!
- Join an award-winning, family-focused company!
- Enjoy a highly competitive salary/wage and attractive benefits!
About REIMAR Construction
REIMAR is a high-rise residential construction company that has built a reputation for employing the highest skilled tradespeople in the region. Combined with an emphasis on a family environment that encourages the growth and success of its members, the REIMAR team brings the right ideas with the abilities and resources to execute. With dedicated and skilled individuals from administration to formwork, REIMAR’s team of professionals provides benefits at all stages of a project.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
REIMAR Construction is currently looking to employ a Project Manager to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for supervising all functions of Project Management of all jobs, and assigned Site Management. You will review and sign contracts, negotiate subcontractor agreements, attend weekly management meetings, and ensure all metrics are tracked and recorded. You will also help oversee the compensation of your team and ensure that key employees are adequately rewarded for their efforts and have a strong incentive to remain with the company.
More specifically, your day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to a safe, positive work environment while ensuring all employees are aligned with company goals
- Maintaining personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns
- Assisting with the recruitment, selection and training of new staff; acting as a mentor
- Reviewing all performance evaluations for key staff and overseeing employee discipline
- Ensuring the implementation of the safety program is carried out on all assigned jobs
- Keeping abreast of industry trends, new technologies, and all related government regulations
- Reviewing, negotiating, and signing contracts related to specific jobs
- Creating budgets and assigning cost codes
- Maintaining an active presence with customers, vendors and subcontractors
- Handling customer complaints expeditiously and tactfully
- Overseeing field supervision on job sites; dealing with site union matters as they occur
- Assisting the owner with the development of other ventures that will benefit REIMAR
- Backing up the General Superintendent when necessary
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of demonstrated job and site management experience, along with knowledge of concrete formwork. An equivalent combination of skills and experience may be considered. Post-secondary education, preferably in engineering, construction management with a major in project management, or other related field, is required. PMP certification is an asset. In addition, you must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract. Fluency in English both verbal and written, is also required.
As our ideal candidate, you will have the ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines, and have excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business. You are able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, and have an excellent understanding of the principles of operations and customer support. Moreover, you are able to understand the needs of customers through conversational interaction (in person and on the telephone), and are able to convert those needs into further repeat sales.
Basic computer skills and experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, as well as the ability to do routine math calculations (including computation of sales costs and quotes) is also needed. Experience using Procore and JONAS will be considered an asset.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect a highly competitive annual salary of $85-135k based on skills and experience, along with:
- Extended health and vision benefits
- Access to a work truck and company laptop
- Reimbursement for select PPE
- Professional development opportunities paid by the company
- Industry training and knowledge upgrades
- Year-end bonuses when projects meet established metrics
- Christmas parties and other social events once Covid-19 subsides
- The opportunity to join a collaborative, family work environment with a great work-life balance
If you are a collaborative team-player looking for a dynamic role within an organization that prides itself on safety and client satisfaction, we want to hear from you - apply today!