Lead Network Administrator
- Fantastic opportunity for an IT professional looking to advance your career
- Enjoy a highly attractive salary plus competitive benefits package
- Join a team of professional, innovative and dedicated team members and leaders
About the Organization
HLB System Solutions specializes in providing IT Consulting, Computer Support and Network Services for small to medium sized businesses throughout Ontario in Guelph, Kitchener, Cambridge and Waterloo. Powered by a close-knit team of technical experts, HLB System Solutions was founded over 15 years ago and was recently recognized with an award for Reader’s Choice Best in Class by the Guelph Tribune.
Our process starts with a discussion of our client's current IT system, assessing its strengths and weaknesses and identifying opportunities for improvement. Our clients can outline any acute or recurring issues they're facing, and we can discuss their budget for IT. From there, HLB System Solutions will design a unique Total-CARE plan for their business. Supported by our growing team, we provide comprehensive, affordable IT solutions to our clients to maximize their efficiency and operations as a business. We are looking for employees who can uphold our mission of building lasting relationships and delivering value through exceptional technology services - if this is something that appeals to you, read on!
About the Opportunity
HLB System Solutions is seeking a highly motivated Lead Network Administrator to join our team in Guelph, Ontario.
As the Lead Network Administrator, you will help us better understand our customer environments, keep our documentation up to date, and help our vCIO make better decisions for our customers. This is a critical role in our business that stands at the center of several departments and whose work drives the efficiency of those other groups. We are looking for candidates who understand how to find their way around a network, within servers, and other IT systems to discover what is lacking in our documentation, to uncover inconsistent configurations, and who can evaluate an IT environment against a set of standards as well as document any discovered gaps.
More specifically, daily responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining technical knowledge of client environments
- Performing regular proactive services for clients as a technical lead
- Verifying Centralized Services tools to ensure they are installed and working
- Ensuring alignment of client environments to HLB Standards
- Performing reactive services while onsite at client locations
- Maintaining technical relationships with clients and communicating at a hands-on level
- Developing and delivering reports to vCIO with recommendations for improvement to client environments
- Creating, maintaining, updating, and phasing out standards in the HLB Standards Library
- Performing onboarding for new clients
- Designing infrastructure solutions for client projects
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you must have a valid Driver's License, along with at least 3 years of managed service provider (MSP) experience or IT experience. Post-secondary education in IT or a suitable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Our ideal candidate will have an understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services, along with the technical awareness and ability to match resources to resolve technical issues appropriately. You possess proven customer service, interpersonal and communication skills to manage our relationships with our customers. You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ensure consistent achievements of our quality standards. As well, you have the decision-making ability to support company guidelines and procedures, with excellent problem-solving skills.
Ultimately, you will be capable of prioritizing tasks and thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The following experiences and skills would be considered strong assets:
- Networking (routing & switching principles)
- Windows environments (Hyper-V, Windows Server roles and Windows 10)
- Firewalls/routing appliances (Fortinet, Sophos)
- Microsoft 365 environment (Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Azure AD and InTune) and Desktop Office Apps
- Backup platforms and their administration (Datto, Veeam)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques for all of the above
We invite you to apply if you are someone who genuinely enjoys creating rapport with clients and using your technical knowledge to help businesses succeed. As a member of our cutting-edge team, you are eager to learn and continue to develop your professional expertise.
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary, commensurate with your skills and experience, along with the following benefits:
- Health Spending Account of $2000 per year;
- Group RRSP plan after 2 years of employment;
- Life insurance (2 times your base salary to a max of $200k);
- Long term disability and critical illness insurance; and
- Negotiable vacation PLUS an additional week of “personal” time.
HLB Systems understands that continued improvement is important to the contentment and education of our staff. At the moment, we are forming a professional development fund to ensure that each of our employees are able to reach their full potential on the job. At HLB, you will be welcomed into a team culture that is built on respect, camaraderie, and support. You will be able to socialize with your fellow staff members at our regular staff trips, summer BBQ’s, a Christmas party, and monthly breakfast meetings.
If you’d like to join a hard-working and dedicated team of IT specialists - Apply Now!