Heavy Equipment Operator
Fort McMurray, AB
- Be part of an industry leader and grow your career with us!
- Highly competitive hourly wage with great benefits!
- Great opportunities for Heavy Equipment Operators to join an experienced, trusted organization!
About KMC Mining
Since 1949, KMC has been part of some of Canada’s most exciting mining and infrastructure development projects. We have provided solutions for a variety of resources across the Nation, including Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories. Over our history, KMC has established long-term working relationships with mine operators, equipment and services suppliers, labour representatives, residents of the area, and our employees. We continue to build on these relationships and pursue growth opportunities within and outside the oil sands, coal, and hard rock mining sectors. From early contractor involvement through to site reclamation, KMC is a trusted provider of mining solutions for operations anywhere in North America.
With humble beginnings, KMC has evolved into one of the safest, most reliable, and competitive contractors in the mining industry. Together with our clients, we deliver projects that create economic growth and help innovate the industry. With a specialized workforce and one of the largest and most diverse ultra-class equipment fleets, KMC brings genuine value to our clients with our pure-play mining expertise.
To learn more about us, please check out our website!
About the Opportunity
Currently, KMC Mining is looking for qualified and full-time Heavy Equipment Operators to work on our mining sites in Fort McMurray, AB, on a rotational basis. Shift rotations may consist of 5 days/5 nights/5 off, or 6 days/6 nights/6 off, or 7 days/7 off. Transportation will be provided from Fort McMurray to the sites.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisors and/or designate, the Heavy Equipment Operator will primarily operate heavy equipment in a mining environment and will ensure production requirements are met in a safe and efficient manner. The successful candidates in this position is responsible for promoting the KMC Mining safety culture, adhering to all KMC policy and procedures, internal controls and practices, and maintaining the highest level of professionalism by upholding the values of KMC Mining.
Specific equipment operations positions available are as follows:
- Haul Truck Operator
- 777, 793, 930 & 789
- HD 1500 & 930E
- Dozer Operator
- D9 – D10
- Grader Operator
- CAT 16H & 16M
- Excavator/Shovel Operator
- PC 1250 & 2000 – Komatsu
- Hitachi 850, 1200 & 500
- JD 870
- O&K 200 & 340
- PC 8000 – Komatsu
- Hitachi 2500 Hydraulic Shovel
In addition, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Performing assigned duties in a safe, efficient, and environmentally secure manner
- Approaching shovels and other loading tool in accordance with KMC safe work practices and loading as appropriate
- Safely driving haul trucks to dumping area, ensuring safe dump procedures are in compliance
- Communicating with shift supervision, operations and maintenance to achieve daily plans and activities
- Ensuring safe and effective equipment operation and maintaining cleanliness standards of KMC
- Participating in a work environment that supports KMC operating Priorities and Values
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you must have a valid Driver's License with a high school diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with all or most of the listed equipment, but other candidates will also be considered. A minimum of 1-2 years of related mining experience and relevant equipment operations is required.
As our ideal candidate, you currently possess CSTS/OSSA or BSO or CSO Certification, or are willing to obtain them. You have a proven record of safety, with a respectful and sound work ethic. Your communication skills are strong, along with your organization, attention to detail, and problem solving ability.
You must be a self-motivated problem-solver with the ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually. We always strive to promote and sustain a collaborative, team atmosphere that always represents the company positively, and we are looking for like-minded individuals who will fit in with these values effortlessly.
KMC Mining is motivated in finding lifelong employees committed to our values within our team and our community. It is our mission to foster your professional and personal needs and develop you as a well-rounded employee.
About the Benefits
The successful candidates will be rewarded with highly competitive hourly wage while receiving a great range of employee benefits, including:
- Night shift premiums and overtime pay available
- Transportation will be provided to and from site and town (Fort McMurray)
- Extended medical and dental health coverage
- Pension plan
- Excellent growth progression and career development
Don't miss this opportunity to join a growing company with a close-knit and supportive culture.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and the opportunity to grow your skills and experience, apply now to join us today!