Fort McMurray, AB
- An exciting opportunity for an HVAC Technician with industrial experience
- Build a rewarding career with a committed organization
- Receive a highly competitive salary and a wide host of excellent benefits
Established in 1994 by the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation (ACFN), Acden is one of the largest Indigenous business and strategic services provider for Alberta oil sands throughout the Municipality of Wood Buffalo. With the help of Indigenous and local businesses, Acden Facilities provides facility management, maintenance, and external grounds support services to industrial and commercial clients in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
We at Acden are conscious about our environmental footprint and are always looking for ways to operate more sustainably, outlined in our "Better Earth Program".
At Acden, we also highly value the hard-working and dedicated people that make up our team. We take great care of our internal family by nurturing a culture where compassion and kindness are key. If you are a like-minded, community-driven professional, you're in the right place.
For more information about us, please visit our homepage by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Acden currently has an exciting opportunity for an HVAC Technician to join our team on a full-time basis. This role will be based out of Fort McMurray, AB, on a 7-days on, 7-days off rotation.
Reporting to the Frontline Foreman and HVAC Superintendent, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and components.
Your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Performing all required preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation and airconditioning systems and components
- Ensuring all Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning work is completed in compliance with codes and regulations
- Ensuring building standards are maintained
- Reporting any unsafe, and potential hazardous work conditions
- Participating in the shop safety program and maintaining strict adherence to occupational health and safety guidelines
- Ensuring customer requirements are met
- Ensuring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used as required
- Providing other complete facilities operations and maintenance duties as they arise
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of experience within a commercial and industrial environment along with an HVAC-R ticket. You'll also join us with a valid Class 5 Driver's License, a clean abstract and working knowledge of computer diagnostics systems (Automation). Alberta Gasfitter "A" or "B" Ticket will also be considered a strong asset.
Please note that you will be required to submit copies of applicable site certifications and valid trade ticket(s).
As our ideal candidate, you'll take responsibility to safely execute the work while
While you enjoy working independently, you also collaborate well with a diverse team and carry a natural aptitude for problem-solving. Above all, you are comfortable with heights or confined spaces and have the physical capabilities required to carry out the role.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive wage depending on skills and experience. In addition, Acden teams enjoy a wide range of excellent benefits, including:
- Extended health care, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance
- Travel insurance
- Employee and family assistance program (EFAP)
- Camp accommodations
- Camp facilities such as gym, recreation room, theatre room and ice rink in winter
- Flights to camp from Edmonton and Calgary
- Bussing available for locals to and from work
- Opportunities for internal professional growth
Upon joining Acden, you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and diverse team that takes pride in a job well done.
If you're looking for a satisfying workplace and would like to take your career forward, Apply Now!