- Excellent opportunity for a Mill Operator to work within a supportive team.
- Be part of a unique company culture with great employee benefits and a highly competitive hourly rate!
- Challenge yourself and join an organization during a period of exciting growth!
About the Organization
Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd. is focused on finding and mining high-grade gold deposits across the breadth of British Columbia's Cariboo Mining District. We are focused on developing our extensive mineral rights package located in the historical Cariboo Mining District of central British Columbia. Barkerville’s Cariboo Gold Project mineral tenures cover 1,950 square kilometres; along a strike length of 67 kilometres which includes several past producing placer and hard rock mines, making it one of the most well-endowed land packages in British Columbia.
BGM’s mine and exploration operations are located in Wells, which has a population of about 250 residents, and has a long history of gold mining and exploration dating back to the 1800s. The tourist attraction of Barkerville Historic Site is a 10 minute drive away, and Wells hosts year-round convenience stores and local eateries in the summer months.
About the Opportunity
Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd. currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mill Operator to join our team in our mine located approximately 70km away from Quesnel, BC. The successful candidate will be working on a rotational basis of 14 days on, 14 days off, for 12 hours each day. Shift meals and accommodations will be provided at our camp facility.
Reporting to the Mill Supervisor, the successful candidate will be expected to be able to operate all mill equipment including the grinding, the carbon in leach (CIL), carbon in pulp (CIP), carbon stripping, carbon regeneration, cyanide destruction (Detox) and tailings circuits, and mixing reagents in accordance with production and operating requirements.
More specifically, your responsibilities include:
- Being accountable for mill operations and employee safety and being aware of active safety policies in all areas of the mill
- Relaying directions to and coordinating mill operations to achieve daily production
- Ensuring all mill circuits are operating within the prescribed parameters
- Performing routine inspections of mill circuits and related equipment and correcting and/or reporting abnormal conditions
- Training other employees on mill systems
- Performing prescribed routine analytical tests to determine the solution pH, cyanide concentration levels, etc.
- Preparing daily shift reports, recording equipment failures, scaling weights, etc.
- Keeping daily log of shift events
- Encouraging and developing employee skill levels
- Demonstrating understanding and operation of Cyanide Destruction circuit (Inco SO2 system)
- Providing effective leadership to build a strong team culture
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you must have a high school diploma, and at least 1-3 years of related experience in mineral processing, specifically in the gold circuits. You must hold a valid WHMIS ticket, Driver's License, and possess satisfactory knowledge of processes and equipment used in gold recovery. Previous experience with heavy equipment operations (loader, excavator, zoom boom) would be an asset.
As our ideal candidate, you'll join us with strong problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. You have a great track record of safety and excellence, along with the ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities. You have great mechanical aptitude and interest, with the ability to use various hand tools, and conduct titrations. You have the physical strength and stamina to perform routine handling of tools and material, while being a courageous safety leader and source of motivation for others in your team.
Your technical knowledge, along with your ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision, will ensure your success. Above all, you'll be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and is passionate about the work that you do.
Please note that a mandatory pre-employment screenings such as a criminal record check, physical, and drug and alcohol check will be required.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a highly competitive hourly wage. You'll also be entitled to an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Extended health & dental with no waiting period, available for spouses and dependents
- Comprehensive training programs for professional development
- Great opportunities for career progression and growth
- Relocation assistance
- Regular employee BBQs and gatherings that we're eager to get back to once Covid subsides
For candidates looking to relocate: Financial support is offered to successful hires after three months of probationary period. Candidates looking to travel in and out of the site will be reimbursed of their travel expenses up to a certain amount. The money will be reimbursed only after providing the receipts and filling out our internal form.
Upon joining Barkerville Gold Mines Ltd, you'll be welcomed into a friendly environment where communication is valued at all levels.
This is your chance to take your career to the next level with an organization that wants to see you succeed – Apply today!