Scout Talent - Our Group and Growth Plans
Scout Talent is part of the Scout Talent Group, which is a group of companies that saw their origin in Australia and that are dedicated to recruitment marketing, talent attraction, and digital innovation.
Our Group brands are comprised of:
- RecruitShop- offering a simple and effective flat-fee recruitment product aimed at SMEs.
- Employment Office- a recruitment marketing organization, based in Australia that makes it easy for mid-sized organizations to attract, recruit, and onboard the best talent.
- Scout Talent- a recruitment tech business based in Canada and Australia that offers affordable and intuitive talent engagement, recruitment, and onboarding software to mid and large organizations worldwide. Click here for more information.
- NetEngine- a custom software, web, and mobile development company that works with start-ups and established organizations all over the world to bring their digital visions to life.
Together we have over 100 employees and offices in Vancouver, Melbourne, Sydney, and Brisbane.
Our steady growth over the last decade, coupled with our services-enabled-software strategy, sets us up well for our three-year plan to IPO.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, and we’re looking for individuals that are eager to make their mark within the recruitment industry.
Your new career
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Lead to join our dynamic team. This full time role will operate on a remote basis during the current pandemic with the aim of returning to our downtown Vancouver office once the pandemic subsides.
Working as part of a diverse team of sales professionals and recruiters, your primary responsibility in this role will be creating and executing strategic marketing campaigns with impact to create awareness around our talent acquisition software, services, and brand. While you'll have access to a number of recruitment subject matter experts, you will be solely responsible for the successful delivery of marketing strategies for our Canadian business. You'll also provide leadership to one direct report, and direction to a small number of external suppliers we have engaged for specialist marketing services (e.g. SEM), to work as a team to achieve marketing goals.
Reporting to our local business leader, some of your typical responsibilities will include:
- Planning and developing relevant content and projects to promote the Scout Talent brand among the Canadian and US marketplace.
- Writing and editing regular content pieces for our social media channels and our website.
- Developing and deploying a full marketing strategy for each month.
- Planning and strategizing offers designed to generate more revenue.
- Developing marketing campaigns to successfully launch new products.
- Working with outside agencies for paid advertising and projects whenever it is needed.
- Managing shifting business priorities and adapting existing strategies to fit them.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need 5 years of experience in B2B marketing along with a strong understanding of email marketing. You'll also join us with a marketing bachelor's degree. Possessing any of the following is considered an asset:
- A master's degree in marketing or business.
- Previous experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, or WordPress.
- Experience with Unbounce or other landing page popup builders.
- Experience with Slack or similar PM tools.
- Knowledge or experience with either the recruitment industry or SaaS software marketing.
As our next Marketing Lead, you'll join us with excellent communication skills bolstered by strong copywriting experience. Your strong leadership skills and aptitude for self-motivation will enable you to confidently execute the marketing strategies that you develop for our organization.
This truly is an enjoyable, satisfying position with plenty of opportunities for growth. If you want to work with an organization that is dedicated to helping people find the next exciting step in their career then we want to hear from you.
For your hard work, you’ll be rewarded with an attractive annual salary based on skills and qualifications. Additionally, you’ll also enjoy an excellent benefits package which includes:
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and more.
- Life and Long-term Disability Insurance.
- Quarterly staff awards nights, parties, and celebration of achievements. Past events have included painting classes, bowling, and renting out a boat! Our most recent event was a skiing trip.
- The opportunity to attend the annual Global Gathering - in the past, we've been to Vegas, Singapore, Cancun, Paris, Hawaii and New Zealand, to name a few.
- RRSP matching.
- Complimentary gym access and free coffee/fruit and snacks in the office.
- Employee recognition awards like our values award or the bobblehead that every team member receives after a year of working with us.
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation time to start, with the opportunity to earn up to five (5) weeks as your career with Scout Talent progresses.
Our organization's culture is underpinned by the core values of innovation, enthusiasm, ownership, success, respect, transparency, and wellbeing. If this is a culture you think you could thrive within, then we want to hear from you!