Lac La Hache
- An exciting HR opportunity in beautiful Lac La Hache!
- Receive a highly competitive salary based on skills and experience!
- Receive excellent benefits including relocation assistance!
About Country Prime Meats
Country Prime Meats was founded in 1996 with the goal of producing superior quality Canadian Meat Snacks. Since then, our products have received international acclaim by winning several gold medals at food competitions across Europe. In 2018, our organization was acquired by Premium Brands Holding Corporation and is now part of Premium Brand's "Direct Plus Food Group". Premium Brands is an investment platform focused on acquiring and building food-focused businesses in partnership with talented entrepreneurial management teams.
At Country Prime Meats, we know that our success is thanks to the hard-working people who make up our team. We're proud of the happy and healthy work environment we've provided for our employees to thrive within. We know that our culture is the reason that our team are so passionate about providing Canadians with a consistent and high-quality product to enjoy.
For more information about Country Prime Meats please click here.
For more information about Direct Plus Food Group please click here.
For more information about Premium Brands Holding Corporation please click here.
About the Opportunity
Country Prime Meats is currently looking for an enthusiastic HR Coordinator to join our team on a full-time basis in Lac La Hache, B.C.
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will be responsible for HR administrative duties regarding recruitment, maintaining employee records, assisting with payroll processing, benefit liaison, and providing administrative support to all employees at Country Prime Meats.
Some of your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Assisting in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Assisting in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Ensuring legal compliance of regulations and applicable employment laws, and updating policies and/or procedures as required
- Preparing paperwork, scheduling, and facilitating smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handling all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Providing effective and dedicated HR assistance to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Assisting in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributing to the development of policies
- Promoting HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assisting in organizing quarterly and annual employee performance reviews
- Standardizing letters of hire/termination and annual increases
- Keeping job descriptions updated for all functions within the company
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Handling of Claims – WCB/LTD
- Assisting with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises
- Assisting with the company-wide committees including the wellness, training, environmental health and safety, activity, and culture and communications committees
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 2-5 years of relevant experience in a human resource role; a degree, diploma or certification in HR would be an asset, but not required.
As our ideal candidate, you'll join us with excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the flexibility and ability to adapt to a new environment. Utilizing your strong organizational skills and aptitude for attention to detail will ensure you carry out your responsibilities diligently. You'll have strong interpersonal skills with a resourceful mindset, and possess thorough knowledge of standard HR procedures and policies. Previous experience with Dayforce, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with other HRIS systems, and being comfortable to learn new systems will be an asset.
Above all, you'll be an enthusiastic individual who is eager to build up their human resource experience in an exciting role.
About Lac La Hache
Lac La Hache, located in the Cariboo region of British Columbia is situated about 20 km north of 100 Mile House. Lac La Hache is a beautiful lake well known for its kokanee fishing as well as its trophy size lake trout. During the summer months, the Lac La Hache area, including Lac La Hache Provincial Park, attracts many anglers, boaters, swimmers, and water skiers. In the winter, there are incredible opportunities for skiing and snowboarding at Mt. Timothy Ski Area.
This region truly is a playground for a lover of nature and the outdoors. For more information about Lac La Hache please click here.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication you will be entitled to a highly competitive salary and benefits based on skills and qualifications. You'll also gain access to:
- RRSP program
- Relocation assistance
- Negotiable vacation
- Employee stock option program
- Performance bonus
- Company social events, which we're eager to get back to when Covid subsides
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to make your mark with an industry leader - apply today!