- A fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader and work within a supportive team.
- Be rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and 3 weeks of vacation!
About Skookum Scaffolding
With a combined 75+ years of industry experience, Skookum Scaffolding is an organization that specializes in building scaffolding across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, and residential. We're passionate about the work that we do, and our mission is to provide quality scaffold built safely, on time, and on budget - every time!
Our success stems from the hardworking people who make up our team and we pride ourselves on our internal relationships built on integrity, trust and positivity. As we expand, we keep rewarding our team's efforts with excellent compensation and benefits that compete with union positions and offer tremendous career growth opportunities. If this feels like an environment you could thrive within, then we want to hear from you.
For more information about our organization, please visit our website by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
Currently, Skookum Scaffolding has an exciting opportunity for a Foreman to join our team on a full-time basis. This role will see you working across the lower mainland.
As a Skookum Foreman, you'll supervise and manage a crew to ensure all scaffolds are built safe, on-time and on-budget. You’ll work alongside your crew to deliver top quality scaffolds that are built to defined specifications. Under the direction of the Field Supervisor, you'll also be responsible for accurately reporting daily progress, and completing paperwork.
Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Building top-quality, safe scaffolds, on-time and on-budget.
- Managing crews and setting the work-pace to keep productivity levels high
- Reading engineered drawings and/or following directions to build scaffolds to defined specifications
- Reading and completing gear-lists when requested
- Coordinating crews under the direction of the Field Supervisor
- Reporting clearly and in detail to the Field Supervisor
- Conducting daily covid checks and toolbox talks to maintain high health & safety standards.
- Carrying out timely and accurate reporting of hours and work completed.
- Achieving all work while following our code of conduct.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of scaffolding experience combined with 2 years of Foreman experience. You will also have experience in managing at least 2 to 3 employees as well as a class 5 Driver's Licence.
As our ideal candidate, you'll work effectively towards deadlines by demonstrating excellent time-management and problem-solving skills while guiding others. Your ability tostrong attention to detail and organized mindset, will ensure success in delivering quality service and keeping the team motivated. You'll also join us with an excellent understanding of scaffold construction and pieces as well as a reliable knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive to perform daily reports from your phone.
Above all, you’ll have strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and represent the company in a courteous and clear manner.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary along with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and disability benefits after 3 months of probation.
- 3 weeks of vacation on joining.
- A company phone.
- A company car after 3 months of probation.
- 50% payment towards rain suits.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
Upon joining Skookum Scaffolding, you will be welcomed into a supportive, collaborative, and diverse team that takes pride in a job well done.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, Apply Now!