Director of Product Innovation
Calgary, AB / Remote
We are technologists, entrepreneurs, investors, and operators who are courageously advancing the future through innovation.
About ATB Ventures
An extension of ATB Financial, ATB Ventures is an organization that fuels the creativity behind technologies that are keeping ATB, its customers, and Alberta at the forefront of innovation. Today our team's mission is being championed by a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who have been building emerging solutions from scratch which include Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), and Proof (Digital credential wallet) to name a few.
ATB Venture's success is thanks to the hard work of our diverse team. We encourage our people to explore their creativity within a working environment where there is the freedom to both try new things and to grow. Our passion is to approach everything with curiosity and experiment as we develop new ideas into working solutions. We reward our team with competitive salaries, incredible benefits, the opportunity to work on new and exciting technologies, as well as a culture that is all about creating the right conditions for innovation to thrive. Great Place to Work® also named us as the #1 Best Place to Work on its 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ in Canada. ATB placed first in the category of companies with more than 1,000 employees working in Canada.
For more information about ATB Ventures please visit our website.
An Opportunity to Build Products that Customers Love
ATB Ventures currently has an exciting role for a customer-focused and technically minded Director of Product Innovation to join our team on a full-time basis. Our team is based out of Calgary, Alberta but we are open to this role operating on a remote basis.
As our Director of Product Innovation, you will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll-out products that deliver on ATB Venture's vision and strategy. This role will see you responsible for product strategy, design, and development of platform products.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Gaining a deep understanding of our customer's experience while identifying and filling product gaps, generating new ideas that grow market share, improving customer experience, and driving growth.
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Translating product strategies into detailed requirements as well as scoping and prioritizing activities based on business and customer impact.
- Working closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Developing product pricing, positioning strategies, and financial models.
- Driving product launches including working with the public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Supporting sales, services, and marketing teams as the product expert.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of experience as an entrepreneur, product manager, or product designer within a technology company along with a solid technical background with an understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies. You'll also join us with a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful platform of technical products throughout their lifecycle. You'll have a significant advantage if you have a deep understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process including how to develop and use personas, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll have excellent communication, stakeholder management, and leadership skills allowing you to both work collaboratively with the greater team while also driving the team onwards towards success. Your entrepreneurial spirit, empathetic nature, and technical knowledge will allow you to convey the needs of customers effectively to the technical team.
Above all, you'll be passionate about bringing great products to technically minded customers.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. As one of Canada's best places to work we also offer all of our team an excellent package. You can find full details of our benefits package by clicking here but some of the highlights of our package include:
- Access to a flex benefit program including medical, dental, and prescriptions through the Alberta Blue Cross.
- Team member mortgage rates available upon commencement.
- Discounted rates and fees on MasterCard products as well as other ATB products
- Access to ATB's flexible pension plan.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent and reinvent how we experience technology. We provide the ability to work on talented, anti-disciplinary teams that rapidly are experimenting with ideas, products, and technologies whilst being immersed in a culture that brings the best of both the banking and start-up worlds. Imagine excellent benefits, banking perks, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow!