Senior Solutions Architect
Calgary, AB / Remote
We are technologists, entrepreneurs, investors, and operators who are courageously advancing the future through innovation.
About ATB Ventures
An extension of ATB Financial, ATB Ventures, fuels the creativity behind technologies that are keeping ATB, its customers, and Alberta at the forefront of innovation. Today our team's mission is being championed by a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who have been building emerging solutions from scratch, which include Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), and Proof (Digital credential wallet) to name a few.
ATB Venture's success is thanks to the hard work of our diverse team. We encourage our people to explore their creativity within a working environment where there is the freedom to try new things and grow. Our passion is to approach everything with curiosity and experiment as we develop new ideas into working solutions. We reward our team with competitive salaries, incredible benefits, the opportunity to work on new and exciting technologies, as well as a culture that is all about creating the right conditions for innovation to thrive. Great Place to Work® also named us as the #1 Best Place to Work on its 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ in Canada. ATB placed first in the category of companies with more than 1,000 employees working in Canada.
For more information about ATB Ventures, please visit our website.
An Opportunity to Help Shape the Future of ATB Ventures
ATB Ventures currently has an exciting role for an analytical and driven Senior Solutions Architect to join our Innovation team on a full-time basis. Our team is based out of Calgary, Alberta, but we are open to this role operating on a remote basis.
As our Senior Solutions Architect, you will architect the customer experience for our MVP products and support our talented team of engineers to bring our ideas to life. This role will see you using your breadth of experience to leverage leading-edge technologies and experiment with meaningful solutions for the customers of tomorrow. Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Providing architecture and design leadership.
- Defining the system and software architecture, adhering to modern architecture principles.
- Capturing technical requirements with limited information and suggesting architect solutions that meet both business and customer needs.
- Breaking complex and large technical solutions into manageable activities and prioritizing.
- Overseeing product cloud architecture solutions.
- Supervising cloud development and production environments.
- Recommending and assisting with the implementation of best DevOps processes for Cloud development processes.
- Contributing to the estimating of engineering designs and implementations.
- Bringing forth new ideas, approaches, technologies and best practices.
- Utilizing SCRUM and Agile methodologies to complete tasks and accomplish workflows.
- As a teammate at ATB Financial, you will agree to uphold our values and Code of Conduct.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a Graduate Degree in Engineering, Science, or a related field along with at least 5 years of experience in designing and building high-performance SOA, microservices, web services and API based architectures.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll join us with the following:
- Background in cloud-native architecture design, implementation of fault-tolerant applications for Cloud.
- Hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Expertise in developing platform-based (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) infrastructure.
- Strong familiarity with modern architecture principles.
- Knowledge of design patterns and frameworks.
- Understanding of Dev Ops processes.
The GCP Professional Cloud Architect certification will be considered a strong asset for this role.
Your ability to design and architect scalable systems will ensure your success within this role as you work towards a customer-focused approach by distilling complex concepts into easily understandable designs. You'll also have excellent communication, stakeholder management, and leadership skills, allowing you to work with customers while also driving the engineering team onwards towards success. Your entrepreneurial spirit, empathetic nature, and technical knowledge will allow you to convey the needs of customers to the technical team effectively.
Above all, you'll be passionate about adding value, achieving revenue growth, and expanding the impact of your products.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. As one of Canada's best places to work, we also offer all of our team an excellent package. You can find full details of our benefits package by clicking here, but some of the highlights of our package include:
- Access to a flex benefit program including medical, dental, and prescriptions through the Alberta Blue Cross.
- Team member mortgage rates available upon commencement.
- Discounted rates and fees on MasterCard products as well as other ATB products
- Access to ATB's flexible pension plan.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent and reinvent how we experience technology. We provide the ability to work on talented, anti-disciplinary teams that rapidly are experimenting with ideas, products, and technologies whilst being immersed in a culture that brings the best of both the banking and start-up worlds. Imagine excellent benefits, banking perks, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow!