Senior Software Engineer
Calgary, AB / Remote
We are technologists, entrepreneurs, investors, and operators who are courageously advancing technology through innovation and creativity.
About ATB Ventures
ATB Ventures is an organization that fuels the creativity behind technologies that are keeping ATB, its customers, and Alberta at the forefront of innovation. Today our team's mission is being championed by engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who have been building emerging solutions from scratch, which include Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), and Proof (Digital credential wallet) to name a few.
ATB Venture's success is thanks to the hard work of our diverse team. We encourage our people to explore their creativity within a working environment where there is the freedom to both try new things and to grow. Great Place to Work® named us as the #1 Best Place to Work on its 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ in Canada. ATB placed first in the category of companies with more than 1,000 employees working in Canada.
For more information about ATB Ventures, please visit our website.
An Opportunity to Innovate
ATB Ventures currently has an exciting role for an ambitious and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis. Our team is based out of Calgary, Alberta but we are open to this role operating on a remote basis.
In this exciting role, you'll work collaboratively with our greater team to architect the customer experience for our MVP products. You'll also leverage leading-edge technologies to bring our ideas to life. This role will see you wearing many hats and give you the opportunity to utilize the breadth and depth of your expertise to experiment and develop meaningful solutions for the customers of tomorrow.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Working independently and as a team member in order to research and develop products.
- Working with the innovation team in order to develop end-to-end features across cloud, mobile, and web infrastructures.
- Continually analyzing code for anti-patterns while also coaching the engineering team in order to improve upon fundamental coding principles and patterns.
- Participating in code reviews, pair-programming, and other activities in order to promote mastery of software engineering practices.
- Working with the team to explore new ideas through experimentation, prototypes, and fast feedback.
- Focusing on open standards and open sources before seeking a proprietary solution to a problem.
- Living, breathing, and working in the Cloud.
- Utilizing Scrum and other Agile methodologies to complete tasks and accomplish workflows.
- Participating as an Agile coach in order to lead team activities.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need a Graduate Degree in Engineering, Science, or a related field along with at least 4 years of experience in architecting and developing scalable, responsive front-end/UI frameworks for platforms.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll join us with a robust aptitude for strategic and systems thinking. You'll be a strong team player capable of working collaboratively to develop solutions while still maintaining an understanding of customer needs. Your excellent interpersonal skills will combine with your technical expertise allowing you to mentor the greater engineering team and lead by example. Your creativity and passion for the projects you work on will ensure you foster an environment within which employees are motivated and continuously do their best. You'll also join us with a wealth of technical knowledge and experience that spans the below areas:
- Fundamental design principles and patterns behind scalable, clean architectures.
- Designing, building, and consuming APIs using REST, GraphQL, WebSockets, or webhooks.
- Creating testable code, unit, and integration test suites as well as integrating automated testing platforms.
- Enterprise CI/CD and DevOps concepts and technologies.
- Docker, Google Cloud Platform, and microservice architecture.
- Relational as well as non-relational data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Working in an agile environment with data science colleagues and business stakeholders to iterate on value propositions for product development.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. As one of Canada's best places to work, we also offer all of our team an excellent package. You can find full details of our benefits package by clicking here, but some of the highlights of our package include:
- Access to a flex benefit program including medical, dental, and prescriptions through the Alberta Blue Cross.
- Team member mortgage rates available upon commencement.
- Discounted rates and fees on MasterCard products as well as other ATB products
- Access to ATB's flexible pension plan.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent and reinvent how we experience technology. We provide the ability to work with talented, anti-disciplinary teams while being immersed in a culture that disrupts markets and creates entirely new ways to serve our users and customers. Imagine excellent benefits, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow!