Ruby on Rails Lead
- An exciting Ruby on Rails leadership role!
- Work remotely while supporting clients in their endeavours to secure safe, cost-effective, and fair elections!
- Receive an incredibly competitive salary, frequent bonuses and incentives, and excellent benefits!
ElectionBuddy is the result of witnessing the frustrations that student groups, associations, and not for profit organizations faced when running elections and knowing that there had to be a better way. That better way comes in the form of our online election system and associated services. ElectionBuddy allows both small volunteer groups and large organizations to run a secure, democratic election at a reasonable price.
At ElectionBuddy Inc we believe that a combination of individual options leads to better decisions. To enable that vision we are creating an easy and cost-effective way to enact an election with integrity. We're guided as an organization by our shared purpose which is accessible and affordable democracy for the masses.
For more information please visit our homepage.
An Opportunity to Safeguard Democracy
ElectionBuddy Inc currently has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Development Team Lead to join our Ruby on Rails team on a full-time basis. This role is remote within North or South America.
While no two days in this exciting and fast-paced role will ever be the same your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing impact analysis' to establish and confirm feature requirements.
- Documenting development work throughout the process so that it can be explained to others later.
- Working with the customer support team to fix any issues or problems our customers may be encountering.
- Leading the remote Ruby on Rails team in architecture decisions and ensuring that all work is being completed to a high standard across the team.
- Supporting new developers to bring them up to speed.
- Reviewing, delegating, and solving escalated technical issues within the codebase.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need significant Ruby on Rails experience along with previous leadership experience. You will also need excellent English communication skills in both written and verbal form.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll know Ruby on Rails inside and out making you a rockstar developer. Your excellent interpersonal skills will combine with your technical expertise and aptitude for stakeholder management as you lead your team towards achieving the democratic goals of our clients. Your strong problem-solving skills and your successful leadership will ensure you foster an environment where employees are motivated and continuously able to do their best as they complete their respective tasks.
Above all, you'll be an enthusiastic and intuitive individual who is eager to combine their technical skills with their empathetic nature in an exciting leadership position.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience of $95,000 to $120,000. You will also be entitled to the following excellent package:
- Quarterly incentives along with an annual bonus
- Flexibility around the role itself and how it develops.
- A flex benefit plan that you can tailor towards your health and dental needs as you see fit.
- An open organization where communication is valued at all levels.
- Huge opportunities for career advancement as we continue to grow.
If you're looking for a leadership position that is guaranteed to provide you with satisfaction - Apply Now!