Advanced Concepts Team Lead
Calgary, AB / Remote
We are technologists, entrepreneurs, investors, and operators who are courageously advancing the future through innovation.
About ATB Ventures
An extension of ATB Financial, ATB Ventures is an organization that fuels the creativity behind technologies that are keeping ATB, its customers, and Alberta at the forefront of innovation. Today our team's mission is being championed by a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who have been building emerging solutions from scratch which include Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), and Proof (Digital credential wallet) to name a few.
ATB Venture's success is thanks to the hard work of our diverse team. We encourage our people to explore their creativity within a working environment where there is the freedom to both try new things and to grow. Our passion is to approach everything with curiosity and experiment as we develop new ideas into working solutions. We reward our team with competitive salaries, incredible benefits, the opportunity to work on new and exciting technologies, as well as a culture that is all about creating the right conditions for innovation to thrive. Great Place to Work® also named us as the #1 Best Place to Work on its 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ in Canada. ATB placed first in the category of companies with more than 1,000 employees working in Canada.
For more information about ATB Ventures please visit our website.
Solve Meaningful Problems in Unique Ways
ATB Ventures currently has an exciting role for a creatively minded Advanced Concepts Team Lead to join our team on a full-time basis. Our team is based out of Calgary, Alberta but we are open to this role operating on a remote basis.
As a Lead on the Advanced Concepts team, you'll be responsible for envisioning, exploring, owning, and driving major first-generation products and experiences that fit into the broader innovation portfolio. This role will see you using your product, design, and UX knowledge to rapidly and systematically unlock innovation. As you prove out concepts and get buy-in from stakeholders you'll ready those concepts for the new product development team to build out.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Leading a cross-functional, multidisciplinary team to prove out ideas by developing proof-of-concepts and prototypes utilizing Design Sprints.
- Working independently and as a team member to research and identify potential opportunities and ideas.
- Working collaboratively with other team members to ideate and create a portfolio of opportunities that can then be explored.
- Working with world-class engineers and designers to create tactical prototypes ranging from UI mock-ups to physical hardware to functional apps.
- Using qualitative and quantitative methodologies to validate prototypes with customers then curating feedback to iterate and refine product vision.
- Driving internal alignment against a final decision point and then readying the concept for development by documenting all artifacts into one formal blueprint that can be easily digested by various stakeholders.
- Pitch findings from proof-of-concepts and prototypes to senior leadership.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 4 years of experience in new product development with a focus on early-stage concepts along with a Technical or Creative/Arts Degree such as Engineering, Science, or Design. You'll have a significant advantage if you have built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects, or have experience with human interface/human UX.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills allowing you to both work collaboratively with the greater team as well as pitch proof-of-concepts and prototypes to senior leadership. Your excellent leadership, creative spirit, empathetic nature, and knowledge of ideation techniques will allow you to foster an environment where our team can thrive as they undertake the ideation process. You'll also join us with the ability to craft a vision around a product as you build alignment and prove out a solution. Success in this role will see you drawing on experience and knowledge that spans the following areas:
- Qualitative product research techniques.
- Designing products and solutions for a diverse customer base.
- Establishing OKRs, KPIs, and milestones in order to keep projects on task.
- Developing POCs or Prototypes utilizing design sprints (Asset)
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. As one of Canada's best places to work we also offer all of our team an excellent package. You can find full details of our benefits package by clicking here but some of the highlights of our package include:
- Access to a flex benefit program including medical, dental, and prescriptions through the Alberta Blue Cross.
- Team member mortgage rates available upon commencement.
- Discounted rates and fees on MasterCard products as well as other ATB products
- Access to ATB's flexible pension plan.
- Opportunities for career progression down defined paths within our organization.
ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent and reinvent how we experience technology. We provide the ability to work on talented, anti-disciplinary teams that rapidly are experimenting with ideas, products, and technologies whilst being immersed in a culture that brings the best of both the banking and start-up worlds. Imagine excellent benefits, banking perks, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow!
Please note that applications submitted over the holiday period may not be reviewed until the first week of January.