Senior Systems Administrator
Use your IT experience to make a strategic difference for leading businesses while receiving a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
About Proactis Solutions
Proactis Solutions is an IT management organization dedicated to offering more than just break fix support and self serving IT solutions. As an organization, we partner with enterprises to add value to their organizations through IT best practices and a vision for innovation. Our work is focused on creating IT solutions that are strategic; meeting business needs and driving the overall organization forward. We're lucky to be working with great businesses that are doing good work which is why as an organization we value innovative thinking and customer service; if we ourselves can't solve a problem for our clients we'll help them find a solution.
At Proactis Solutions we know that our continued growth and success is thanks to the hardworking people who make up our team. As a group, we're a bit geeky and very passionate about finding new and better ways to use IT to reach strategic goals. Working with us, you'll find a fun and hardworking team where open communication is valued and everyone is happy to lend a helping hand when it's needed. If you're frustrated by red tape and doing the same tasks every day then get in touch, we can offer you something different and better.
For more information about us please visit our website by clicking here.
An Opportunity to Innovate
Proactis Solutions currently has an exciting opportunity for a creatively minded Senior Systems Administrator to join our team in Calgary on a full-time basis.
Working as a part of our Managed IT Services team, this exciting and fast-paced role will see you working to achieve optimal performance and security for our customers through the maintenance and support of their IT infrastructure. You'll also provide input and ideas in order to develop long term solutions that support their business and give them a competitive advantage within their industry.
While no two days in this pivotal role will ever be the same, your more typical responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out ongoing maintenance and monitoring duties to ensure the security and business continuity of our client's cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Resolving escalated or complex helpdesk incidents and problems before subsequently updating clients on the resolution.
- Creating and maintaining the documentation of infrastructure, procedures, solutions, and end-user training resources.
- Supporting the implementation of new solutions for our clients.
- Supporting and mentoring more junior colleagues.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 5 years of system administration and network troubleshooting experience preferably within a Managed IT Services environment along with a university degree or technical diploma in a computer-related field. CompTIA Cloud Essentials, AWS, Azure, or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification would all be considered an asset.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll be passionate about innovation whole observing best practice in IT. Your excellent interpersonal skills will combine with your technical expertise and aptitude for customer success as you work to solve the IT challenges of our clients and bring their organizations closer towards IT excellence. Your strong problem-solving skills and your strategic mindset will ensure you foster a strong and mutually beneficial relationship with our clients. You'll also join us with robust technical knowledge allowing you to implement, manage, and support the following:
- Microsoft 365, (Azure AD, Exchange, SharePoint, Teams), Microsoft Cloud security.
- Networking: Firewalls, Switching, (Layer 3 configuration such as VLANs, QOS etc), Cloud managed WIFI, 802.1x.
- Meraki MX security devices and MR access points.
- Meraki SM, Microsoft Intune for device management.
- On-premise infrastructure - virtualization, group policy, active directory.
- SSO and 2FA platforms.
- RMM systems - managing, leveraging capabilities, and automation.
- Mac OS and iOS experience, device management (asset).
- Linux fundamentals and experience (asset).
- A technical understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity (asset).
- Working product knowledge of Duo, Onelogin, Veeam, Solarwinds RMM, ITGlue, Dropbox, Gsuite, JAMF (asset).
- Scripting, API fundamentals, Zapier, Databox (asset).
Above all, you'll be an enthusiastic team player who is eager to use their skills to make a difference and provide value towards our clients and our greater team.
About the Salary and Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a competitive annual salary based on your skills and experience, as well as a comprehensive package that includes:
- A flexible benefits plan through Honeybee allowing you to tailor your employee benefits to your needs.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks on joining and increasing as your time with the company increases.
- Half-day off every second Friday after probation.
- Additional time off over the Christmas period.
- Huge opportunities for career progression as our organization continues to grow.
- Before COVID we had frequent social events like our company paid team lunches, we're eager to get back to them as soon as we can.
Upon joining Proactis Solutions you'll be welcomed into a friendly environment where communication is valued at all levels. Though the work that we do may be challenging at times it's also highly rewarding and allows us to make a tangible and positive difference.