Human Resources Manager
- An exciting opportunity to build robust HR processes within an organization!
- Receive a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits!
- Build your career with a global organization!
About Greenergy Canada
Greenergy Canada is the organization resulting from the merging together of BG fuels, and their 235 retail service stations across Canada under the Mobil, Mr. Gas and Waypoint brands, with Greenergy Fuels Canada's existing supply infrastructure in Ontario. We're also part of the bigger Greenergy International group which is based in the UK and majority-owned by Brookfield Business Partners.
As an organization we are focused on delivering reliable, low-cost fuels and a great fueling experience to our customers. We know that achieving this goal will come down to the hard work of the people who make up our staff which is why we are committed to creating a culture that encourages growth, motivates, and rewards our team. If you think you're up to the challenge of helping to establish and cultivate the culture that is going to promote the continued success of Greenergy Canada, then we want to hear from you.
For more information please visit our homepage by clicking here.
About the Opportunity
This year we are undergoing an exciting period where we bring together the Canadian Supply (formerly Greenergy Fuels Canada) and Retail (formerly BG Fuels) businesses under a regional management team. As such we're looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team based in Markham, Ontario on a full-time basis and help us work through this period of transition and beyond. Our office in Markham is set up for safety during COVID however if you'd prefer to work remotely during this pandemic that is an option too.
While no two days will be alike in this dynamic and fast-paced role, some key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the integration of Canadian HR practices including evaluating opportunities to align performance management (including short-term incentives) as well as employee benefits.
- Providing support and guidance with recruitment by benchmarking packages, writing job descriptions, placing ads, filtering applicants, preparing recruitment packs, and supporting or participating in interviews as appropriate.
- Generating offers of employment in line with agreed recruitment specifications before subsequently sending them out to successful candidates and ensuring all necessary information is returned by the new employee.
- Coordinating employee onboarding and offboarding including background checks and payroll updates.
- Coordinating the annual performance management process and maintaining employee performance records as well as supporting managers and issuing letters to employees as necessary.
- Documenting agreed changes to terms and conditions ensuring that signed paperwork is returned and filed while also informing payroll of any changes for payment.
- Updating and maintaining all HR Reporting including Vacancy listings, Disciplinary, Grievance, Absence, Employee Profile, Probationary, Maternity/Paternity, Headcount, and Turnover reports.
- Providing support to managers regarding the company and statutory procedures, performance management, absence management, and disciplinary meetings.
- Supporting business growth by contributing to re-organization and development planning as well as consulting with affected employees regarding their roles.
- Promoting employee wellness by managing employee benefits, participating in our global Wellness team, and effectively communicating to employees.
In order to qualify for this role, you'll need a minimum of 4 years of industry work experience providing HR support for Canadian business along with a bachelor's degree in human resources management or an equivalent. Experience with a diverse workforce, employee rewards, and conflict resolution is also required.
As a human resources professional within Greenergy Canada, you'll combine your in-depth knowledge of HR management theory and practice with your excellent communication skills and your client-centred approach in order to deliver an excellent HR experience to our team. Your aptitude for stakeholder management will combine with your empathetic nature allowing you to thrive while you work towards many competing demands and deadlines. Your ability to plan, organize, schedule, assign work, and assess employee performance will serve you well as you help motivate our team to excel within their roles.
Above all, you'll be an enthusiastic and strategically minded individual who is passionate about the work that they do.
About the Rewards
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary along with an excellent package including:
- Health and dental benefits.
- Retirement plan including employer matching.
- 4 weeks vacation
- 15% bonus based on annual performance.
- Huge opportunities for career progression with an international organization.
This is a unique opportunity to use your experience and make a lasting impact with our organization!