- Work with an industry leader that has over 100 years of history, experience, and growth.
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation/Process Specialist with knowledge of industrial equipment.
- Earn a competitive salary plus great benefits including company car, cell phone, laptop, and paid overtime!
About the Organization
Our client is a leading manufacturer of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of-line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Their vision is to become a market-leading global industrial packaging company and they are striving towards this through excellent customer support and high-quality service. Our client's operations are supported by an incredible team of dedicated employees who take ownership and work to drive continuous improvement.
About the Opportunity
Currently, our client has an exciting opportunity for an Automation/Process Specialist to join their team in Markham, Ontario on a full-time basis. This role will require travel throughout North America 25% of the time.
As our client's new Automation/Process Specialist you'll work to provide automated coding and marking solutions to their core business market which is found in the forestry, construction, and general packaging industry within the North American customer base.
The more typical responsibilities in this role will include:
- Leading, driving, and managing projects which will entail carrying out initial scope validation as well as design, ordering, and documenting along with Q.C. testing & commissioning.
- Leading & driving R&D for new product development.
- Optimizing actual products and internal technical processes within the team.
- Understanding problems or client briefs and developing solutions that satisfy them.
- Designing, developing, and enhancing electro-mechanical systems as well as mechatronic devices.
- Creating automated systems and the software that controls them.
- Assisting in streamlining processes and projects in order to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure both safety and reliability.
In order to qualify for this role, you will need at least 3 years of experience in a similar role along with strong mechanical skills. The ability to speak at a business level of proficiency in French is an asset. You'll also possess the following skills and experience:
- PLC programming using Allen Bradley RS Logix/Studio 5000.
- AutoCAD electrical drawings and layouts.
- Knowledge of networks, databases, and C++
- Experience with vision systems.
- An understanding of projects and process flow from technical scope clarification to commissioning.
- An understanding of Solid Works and AutoCAD for mechanical.
- Robotic and motion controls (Asset)
As the ideal candidate, you'll have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form. Your strong aptitude for stakeholder management will combine with your previous experience leading projects or small teams, ensuring your success in this role as you work towards competing deadlines. Your strong customer focus will enable you to effectively scope out project requirements and add value to both our products and our customer operations.
About the Benefits
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications.
In addition, employees that work for our client enjoy:
- Provision of a company car, mileage, cell phone, and laptop
- Corporate expense account
- Supporting inventory for equipment maintenance
- Dental and medical benefits
- Paid overtime
- RPP contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- A friendly and dynamic team culture, with seasonal social events
This is a challenging and dynamic role that offers plenty of opportunities for growth and career progression within the company. Upon joining, you will be welcomed into a team that "works hard but plays hard" and that prides itself on delivering fantastic results.
If you're looking for a satisfying and enjoyable workplace and would like to take your career forward with an established, well-known industry leader, Apply Now!