B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Columbia, Finland, and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000- 1,080,000 ounces.
Manager, Warehouse , Nunavut
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the General Manager, Construction, this position will be a fly in- fly out 6x3 rotation based in Nunavut, Canada.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures;
- Comply with federal, provincial, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions;
- Supervise the operations of warehouse on receipt, storage and issue of supplies, their allocations with regards to the most efficient use of space, optimized and expedited search for required materials, supplies, etc.;
- Plan warehouse staff activities on a daily basis, assign daily duties to their subordinates in written form by filing in special logs, oblige employees to sign for received work assignments in the log, and supervise fulfillment of these duties during the day;
- Ensure security of stored supplies, adherence to warehousing procedures, requirements for drawing-up and turning-in of issue/receipt documentation;
- Check and verify material shipping records for accuracy, resolve material handling questions and concerns of shipping shortages and/or material overages, including addressing any issues/problems with warehouse inventory control;
- Participate in developing and implementing programs with respect to promotion of efficiency of warehousing operations, decrease of supplies transportation and costs, deployment of modern computing and communications equipment in warehousing practices; and
- Ensure that adequate training is given to staff so that an operational team is in place when permanent warehouse is built.
Desired Competencies and Requirements
- Ten (10) years of relevant warehouse experience with three (3) years of previous supervisory experience, with preference given to those with experience working in a remote site with limited access to resources;
- Post-secondary education in Industrial Operations, Transportation & Logistics, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems, Applied Engineering Science or Business Management; and
- Valid Driver’s license required, and Forklift Certificate preferred;
Compensation and Benefits
B2Gold Nunavut offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills, plus a group benefits package for employees and their dependents.
Application and Contact Information
Kitikmeot Inuit, Nunavut Inuit, and Residents receive priority hiring consideration, if one these categories applies, please state it after the reference number in the subject line. We thank all for their interest but are only considering applicants with working rights in Canada.
B2Gold Nunavut prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives, and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold Nunavut values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
The B2Gold Back River Corp. owned Back River Project is a significant undertaking with contributions from both B2Gold Nunavut and valued Contractors. Although we appreciate your interest in working for B2Gold Nunavut directly; if you are not selected for employment with B2Gold Nunavut or we have no current work available that is suitable for your skill set, B2Gold Nunavut may share your application material with our contractors for positions that they are seeking to fill. If you do not want your resume shared, please indicate so in the subject line of your email and we will retain a copy of your application material for our internal records only.
We will retain application material on file for future vacancies (openings within 6-12 months) for consideration; however, you are encouraged to apply to any opening you may be suited for. If selected to move forward a member of our team will be in touch.
This post will remain open until 12:00AM MST September 28th, 2023, unless a suitable candidate is not found. We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Nunavut; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.