Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
About The Role
Reporting to the Senior Sales Management team and/or Dealer Principal, the Sales Manager works directly with the Sales Consultants and Financial Service Specialists in achieving departmental goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and analyze Sales Consultant performance
- Train and coach the sales team on sales methodologies that support established sales targets and to maintain consistency throughout the sales process
- Assist the Sales Consultants in exceeding sales goals and objectives to ensure department profitability
- Assist Senior Management in ongoing training of staff in all aspects of the sales process including rapport building techniques, follow-ups, on unsold, sold and service guests, phone skill training, scheduling appointments etc.
- Assist Sales Consultants with closing deals by negotiating price, completing sales contracts, explaining service and finance inquiries as needed
- Remain abreast on available inventory and update sales staff to optimize customer choice and inventory turn around
- Ensure all sales department staff display and maintain high customer satisfaction ratings
- Articulate vehicle selection, attributes, model options, features, purchase and finance options, and dealership policies/services to sales staff and customers when needed
- Measure and report sales metrics and monitor actuals – to – plan
- Manage customer issues and escalations
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the company’s expectations as it pertains to interactions with customers, colleagues and vendors
- Recruit highly professional sales consultants who share our company’s standards of excellence and ethics
- Remain abreast on all product knowledge, finance options, promotions, value-add products/services, servicing plans, and industry trends
- Minimum of 1 year of previous experience in an Automotive Sales Manager role
- A proven track record of success in a sales capacity
- Valid VSA License
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- The ability to communicate in English fluently (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Deal Desking and Closing experience
- Excellent customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Computer Skills - MS Office applications, Outlook, Dealer Socket
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group Provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
*This position is based on a full commission pay plan
Dealership: Langley Chrysler