Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group, also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia.
At TAG, we take a different road. We lead with our core values and we are deeply committed to delivering exceptional customer experiences. We appreciate that our customers entrust us with one of their most important purchase decisions, and we work hard to earn that loyalty. We are known to have a palpable "buzz" when you walk into one of our stores with breakaway spirit and organizational culture.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Once you’re part of the team, you’re part of the TAG family.
We don't just expect the change; we are part of it. We are the proud recipients of the following;
- Awarded Canada's Best Managed (2017 & 2018) - The Best Managed Companies program celebrates the top private businesses in Canada. Canada’s Best Managed Companies is one of the country’s leading business awards program recognizing Canadian-owned and managed companies for innovative, world class business practices. TAG continues to demonstrate industry leadership in growth, profitability and employee retention.
- Awarded the Canadian Automotive Dealer’s Association’s Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation - TAG was awarded for initiatives that significantly enhance performance and broaden the scope of business across the Industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to Executive Stakeholders, the Marketing Director is responsible for developing solutions to meet Trotman Auto Group's brand objectives based on consumer insight and data. The incumbent will aid our dealerships in the creation and execution of marketing campaigns on various platforms as a means to communicate and captivate consumers; as well as using analytics to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into marketing strategies.
This is a rare and sought-after position for an experienced Marketing Director to join our winning team as an Internal Stakeholder.
This position requires the incumbent to work in a local office.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and oversee the execution of all marketing and display advertising campaigns, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Utilize a monthly budget, manage spreadsheet of expenses, and coop claims to most effectively drive dealership traffic
- Design all creative material for conventional and digital marketing programs
- Create all email promotion/information blasts to Trotman Auto Group customers whilst remaining within Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation requirements
- Capitalize on opportunities in advertising to lead the market in sales and brand awareness
- Prepare tactical plans to meet targets as set out by the Dealer Principals/General Managers
- Working directly with the Management team and Dealer Principals to manage the implementation of advertising to align with sales growth strategies
- Identifying digital channels and tactics to drive business results. Leveraging your expertise, analytics and insights to create integrated multi-channel strategies to exceed KPI’s
- Understanding the customer journey and ways digital can be used to support, improve and ultimately accelerate movement through the journey
- Analyze marketing campaigns and promotions for future development and identify successful strategies
- Communicate effectively with Management team and Dealer Principals with ROI results from campaigns and promotions
- Support marketing by collecting and providing competitive information
- Working directly with Internet Sales team to ensure CRM software is utilized to the highest capacity to resource marketing data
- Remain educated on all product knowledge, finance options, promotions, value-add products/services, servicing plans, and industry trends
- Managing vendor relationships, and/or direct media buying, implementing, tracking and optimizing campaigns that reach our target audience while maximizing efficiency and effectiveness of paid media budget
- Understanding various strategies to increase conversion rates across ads, landing pages, channels and tactics. Ability to set-up AB tests, analyze results and make recommendations
- Using data to generate insights and recommendations to identifying opportunities for improvement and act on results to continuously grow and improve overall campaign performance
- Using tools and technology including Dealer Socket, Dealer Mine, Google Analytics, Search/Google Adwords at a deeper level, beyond basic usage
- Design and build the Trotman Auto Group social media presence
- Collaborate effectively with agencies and other vendor partners to increase goal results
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Trotman Auto Group’s Core Values in all interactions with clients, team members and vendors
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior marketing role, with demonstrated experience in leading a team, managing creative strategies and web-related activities involving but not limited to, corporate websites/blogs, video/graphic production, photography, digital advertising campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Graphic Design is preferred
- Must possess an extensive background in Marketing, with a strong depth in knowledge in all digital platforms that can translate to drive business metrics
- Leadership skills and ability to develop and communicate a clear vision for Trotman Auto Group’s digital identity
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- High level of professionalism and ability to communicate well with stakeholders and leadership teams
- Knowledge of technical marketing systems, processes and tools (such as WordPress, SEO, lead nurture/management systems, social channels, YouTube etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of website technologies and tools
- Must possess a current portfolio of graphic design and previously executed marketing strategies to be presented upon the interview process
- Must possess means of transportation to travel to various locations within Trotman Auto Group when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak English fluently
- Ability to prioritize and manage time while in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Must possess an intermediate level aptitude in the following applications - MS Office applications, Outlook, Adobe CC, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro and After Effects
Please apply with your cover letter, resume and portfolio. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.