Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
About the Role
The Parts Advisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Parts clients, and the efficient and profitable ordering, stocking and sale of automotive parts. The Parts Advisor also assists in shipping and receiving parts while ensuring accuracy of all orders.
Schedule: Full-time rotating schedule (will require Saturday availability)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently assist customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service
- Assist Parts department in achieving automotive parts sales goals and objectives through exemplary customer service
- Articulate parts accessories and specials available to customers to maximize sales
- Maintaining the highest Customer Service Index rating from customers by handling all Parts customer discrepancies immediately and according to dealership policy
- Assist in growing sales within the Service department by providing labor estimates when handling parts sales
- Receive payment from retail customers when necessary and service all allocated sales inquiries in a prompt and effective fashion
- Assist Parts department in routine inventory counts
- Interact with the Service and Sales department to ensure smooth delivery of parts
- Communicate effectively with customers, Parts staff and management to report any problems or delays regarding parts deliveries
- Documenting trips, including parts destination or pick-up points
- Stock parts inventory and maintain an organized warehouse environment
- Assist in parts deliveries and maintaining the parts delivery vehicle appearance when necessary
- Remain abreast on automotive product knowledge and market trends
- Post parts in the database to keep track of parts coming in and out of the warehouse
- Keeping up to date on manufacturer warranty and policy procedures while serving as a liaison with factory representatives
- Minimum of 3-years previous experience in an Automotive Dealership in a Parts Advisor role
- Previous experience in a Ford dealership is a strong asset
- Experience with truck accessories and modifications preferred but not required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60 lbs on a regular basis
- The ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Knowledge of PBS is an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English fluently
- Strong computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Mainland Ford