Automotive Customs Technician
Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Mainland Ford's Customs Department is busier than ever and currently has an opening for a Customs & Accessories Technician to join their growing team. If you are an experienced Customs & Accessories Technician, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and are a team-player, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
The Customs & Accessories Technician contributes to the operational efficiency of the shop by maintaining, repairing and diagnosing vehicles in accordance to manufacturer guidelines, ensuring that our customer visits meet and exceed expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing installs of:
- Suspension Lift Kits (Leveling Kits, Long Arm Lifts)
- Aftermarket Bumpers and Winches
- Auxiliary Lighting and Wiring
- Custom wheels and tires
- Performance parts such as Cold Air Intakes, Exhaust and more
- General Accessories such as Tonneau Covers, Mud Flaps, Sidesteps etc.
- Diagnose, repair and perform maintenance requirements in accordance to manufacturer guidelines
- Perform road tests on all vehicles in which repairs, diagnostics and maintenance has been performed
- Recording all pertinent information clearly on completed repair order
- Ensure internal/external customer vehicles are protected by using proper covers, such as seat, floor and fender covers
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting service, repairs, vehicle status and future repair requirements into DMS system
- Remain abreast on product knowledge, manufacturer updates, bulletins and recalls, and technical knowledge
- Diagnose and report existing conditions and additional repairs to the appropriate parties
- Assist in housekeeping of the shop
- Additional duties as outlined by management
- Recent experience as a Customs & Accessories Technician is preferred
- Must have previous experience installing lift kits and aftermarket off-road equipment
- Basic electrical knowledge and fabrication skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- The ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English fluently
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Mainland Ford