Automotive Customs Apprentice
Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
About the Role
The TAG Customs Apprentice will be responsible for assisting the TAG Customs Manager with the operations of TAG Customs & Accessories and contribute to the overall efficiency of the shop. They will assist in the general maintenance and organization of the department, perform the installation/changing of custom accessories, and assist with ensuring parts are delivered in a timely manner.
Wage: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour based on experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mount and balance tires
- Install general accessories such as Tonneau Covers, Mud Flaps, Sidesteps etc.
- Provide assistance to the Parts Accessories Technician with maintenance repairs (bleed brakes, lifting of heavy parts)
- Perform change/installation of parts (wheels/bumpers/tops etc.)
- Shuttle vehicles to and from the Customs Shop
- Prepare parts orders
- Pick up parts from vendors and deliver parts to Technicians
- Interact with Service and the Sales department to ensure smooth delivery of parts
- Assist in cleaning and general housekeeping of the Shop and Service department
- Remain abreast on product knowledge and market trends
- Learn TAG Customs Department Process and Operations
- Practice provincial and federal WHMIS standards and TAG Health and Safety policies
- Comply with Trotman Auto Group policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road
- Additional duties as requested by management
- Minimum of 6 months of previous experience working in a Tire & Lube Shop
- Must have knowledge of tires, 4x4’s and accessories
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- The ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Valid Class 5 or 7 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English fluently
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Langley Chrysler